Loons Announce 2022 Schedule
MIDLAND, Mich. - The Great Lakes Loons, in partnership with the Los Angeles Dodgers and Major League Baseball, are excited to announce the schedule for the 2022 season. The fifteenth season of Loons baseball will start on Friday, April 8th against the Detroit Tigers High-A Affiliate West Michigan Whitecaps. The season is comprised of 132 total games with 66 contests taking place at Dow Diamond, up from 60 games in the pandemic-shortened 2021 season. Other highlights include:
- Six total home games against the West Michigan Whitecaps (April 8 - 10; July 22-24)
- Twelve total home games against in-state rivals Lansing Lugnuts (May 17 - 22; July 26 - 31)
- The six-game homestand model adopted in 2021 continues with Mondays being a league-wide travel day
- The Minor League All-Star break now coincides with the Major League All-Star Break, slotted for July 18 - 21
- The Loons will be home the weekends of Fourth of July and Labor Day
- The last home game of the season returns to its traditional spot on Labor Day Weekend
With the schedule in hand, the Great Lakes Loons ticket office will begin ticket package renewals on Wednesday, September 15th with the goal of returning all package holders to their pre-pandemic seating location. Fans are encouraged to contact their ticket representative directly to lock in their seats for 2022. New ticket package sales and reservations for groups, including suite and Northern Lights Pavilion rentals, will begin on October 4th.
"We can't thank our fans enough for the outpouring of support we received during a unique 2021 season", stated Chris Mundhenk, Loons President and General Manager. "This past season far surpassed any expectations we had going into it and sets the tone for what will undoubtedly be a phenomenal 2022 season. We look forward to celebrating fifteen seasons of Loons baseball with the Great Lakes Bay Region throughout next Spring and Summer."
The Loons wrap up the 2021 regular season this week at Dow Diamond with a six-game series against the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, set to culminate on Sunday. After a loss last night, the Loons sit one game out of the playoffs, chasing the Cedar Rapids Kernels. The Loons will take on the Timber Rattlers tonight with the first pitch scheduled for 7:05 PM. Tickets are still available for the last five regular-season games of the year at loons.com or by calling the Dow Diamond box office at 989-837-BALL.
The Great Lakes Loons have been the Single-A partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers since the team's inception in 2007. Dow Diamond serves as the team's home and also houses the Michigan Baseball Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity, and ESPN 100.9-FM. For tickets or information about the Loons, call 989-837-BALL or visit Loons.com.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from September 15, 2021
- Loons Remain a Game out with 4-2 Loss - Great Lakes Loons
- Whitecaps Split Two in Lansing - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bandits Bash Four in Cubs Loss - South Bend Cubs
- Quality Pitching, Timely Hitting Lifts Chiefs to Victory - Peoria Chiefs
- Rattlers Deal Great Lakes a Hall of Pain - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Lopez Homers in Loss to Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Defeat Fort Wayne, Guarantee Winning Record in 2021 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Information: September 15 at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Snappers Comeback Spoiled By Late Home Run - Beloit Snappers
- Delgado's Pinch Hit Blast Lifts Picantes - Lake County Captains
- Loons Announce 2022 Schedule - Great Lakes Loons
- Infielder Jordan Díaz activated from the Injured List - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- Timber Rattlers Announce Pick-A-Seat Event for September 29 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Rave Caps Three-Hit Game with Walk-Off over Cubs - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.