Infielder Jordan Díaz activated from the Injured List
The Lansing Lugnuts announced the following roster moves today, in conjunction with the Oakland Athletics:
- Infielder Jordan Díaz activated from the Injured List
Jordan Díaz, 21, had been placed on the Injured List on September 4, missing the Lugnuts' final eight games of a ten-game road trip. The native of Montería, Colombia, is ranked MLB.com's No. 11 A's prospect and No. 2 third base prospect, hitting .285/.335/.464 with 23 doubles and 11 home runs while driving in 52 runs in 87 games with Lansing. His batting average ranks fourth in the High-A Central.
The Lugnuts (54-60) open a six-game season-concluding series tonight against the West Michigan Whitecaps (56-58) with a 5:30 p.m. doubleheader at Jackson® Field™, the Lugs' fourth consecutive Wednesday doubleheader. Díaz is in the Lugnuts' Game 1 starting lineup, batting fifth as the designated hitter.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from September 15, 2021
- Loons Remain a Game out with 4-2 Loss - Great Lakes Loons
- Whitecaps Split Two in Lansing - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bandits Bash Four in Cubs Loss - South Bend Cubs
- Quality Pitching, Timely Hitting Lifts Chiefs to Victory - Peoria Chiefs
- Rattlers Deal Great Lakes a Hall of Pain - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Lopez Homers in Loss to Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Defeat Fort Wayne, Guarantee Winning Record in 2021 - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Information: September 15 at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Snappers Comeback Spoiled By Late Home Run - Beloit Sky Carp
- Delgado's Pinch Hit Blast Lifts Picantes - Lake County Captains
- Loons Announce 2022 Schedule - Great Lakes Loons
- Infielder Jordan Díaz activated from the Injured List - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- Timber Rattlers Announce Pick-A-Seat Event for September 29 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Rave Caps Three-Hit Game with Walk-Off over Cubs - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lansing Lugnuts Stories
- The Athletic Named Its 2021 A's MiLB All-Stars, and It's Loaded with Lugnuts
- Crosstown Showdown Returns to Jackson Field April 6th
- Lugnuts, Minor League Baseball Join with Marvel Entertainment on "Defenders of the DiamondÃ¢ÂÂ
- Lugnuts' Díaz and Hall Named High-A Central All-Stars
- Nitro Circus Roars into Jackson Field Tomorrow