Long Island Hands Raptors 905 First Loss of the Season at Nassau Coliseum
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets (2-4), the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, overcame Raptors 905 (3-1) 114-110 tonight at Nassau Coliseum.
Brooklyn guard Cam Thomas, while on assignment with Long Island, finished the contest with a game-high 46 points, while shooting 6-of-6 from the free-throw line and 17-of-32 from the field to go along with seven rebounds and five assists in 39 minutes. Brooklyn center Day'Ron Sharpe, also on assignment with Long Island, had a strong defensive performance with 12 rebounds to go along with shooting 5-of-5 from the charity stripe, earning 19 points in 32 minutes.
Raptors 905 controlled play during the first six minutes of the first quarter, leading by seven, 11-4. The tides turned for the 905 when the Nets came back to finish the first 12 minutes tied, 23-23. The two teams went point-for-point in the second quarter until Long Island took the lead and closed the first half up by five, 59-54.
Long Island tried to widen the gap, but a determined Raptors 905 went into the third quarter looking to make their return. An early 6-0 run by the 905 gave the Raptors momentum to lead the third 27-23. Long Island came into the final quarter of play ready to dominate, going on a 12-0 run to defeat the Raptors 114-110.
Toronto forward Issac Bonga, while on assignment with Raptors 905, led the team with 30 points and eight rebounds in 37 minutes. Center Reggie Perry shot 4-of-4 from the free-throw line while earning 20 points, seven rebounds and three assists in 30 minutes.
The Nets play their next game on the road against the Westchester Knicks on Tuesday, Nov. 23, at 7 p.m. ET, while the Raptors will travel to Delaware to take on the Blue Coats next on Saturday, Nov. 27, at 7 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 20, 2021
- Vipers Improve to 4-0 in Win over Capitanes - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Timberwolves Transfer McKinley Wright IV from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Hands Raptors 905 First Loss of the Season at Nassau Coliseum - Long Island Nets
- Greensboro Drops Thriller to Lakeland - Greensboro Swarm
- South Bay Secures a Comeback Victory over OKC - South Bay Lakers
- Wisconsin Herd Stomps Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Wisconsin Herd
- Warriors Acquire Jacob Evans III - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.