Legends Pull Away Late, Defeat Stars
SALT LAKE CITY - The Texas Legends outscored the Salt Lake City Stars 34-22 in the fourth quarter on their way to a 103-91 victory at Vivint Arena on Friday night.
The Stars and Legends treated the crowd to a neck-and-neck contest throughout the evening before the Legends used a 15-7 run to take an 84-76 lead with 6:36 left to play. The Stars called a timeout in hopes of regathering momentum, but Justin Jackson and Carlik Jones combined to score 12 of the Legends 19 points down the final stretch of the period.
Jones scored a game-high 22 points while adding 13 rebounds and five assists, while Jackson added 18 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists for the Legends.
Carsen Edwards paced the Stars with 19 points and Xavier Sneed added 17 points and nine rebounds off the bench for the Stars.
Marques Bolden tallied a double-double for the Stars with 10 points and 11 rebounds and Jared Wilson-Frame added 12 points and six rebounds.
Friday night was Utah Stars Night, presented by Vivint, the Salt Lake City Stars donned new hardwood classic throwback jerseys inspired by the 1971 ABA champion Utah Stars. The Stars welcomed 5,032 fans to the arena to reminisce on the success of Utah's first professional basketball team.
The Stars are back in action tomorrow night for the conclusion of their 2021-22 season as they host the Stockton Kings at Bruin Arena at Salt Lake Community College. Saturday's season finale, presented by University of Utah Health, is Fan Appreciation Night.
The Stars will once again sport their 1970s Utah Stars throwback jerseys as the team will give thanks to their fans for their support throughout the year with several prizes, giveaways, and other interactive activities.
Tipoff for the Stars season-ending showdown against the Kings is set for 7 p.m. and tickets are available online at SLCStars.com or by phone (call or text) at (801) 325- STAR (7827). Friday's game will stream on NBAGLeague.com and can be heard locally on 97.5/1280 AM the Fan.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 2, 2022
- Spurs Drop Season Finale at Texas - Austin Spurs
- Birmingham Squadron to Host Texas Legends in First Round of NBA G League Playoffs - Birmingham Squadron
- Playoff-Bound South Bay Takes Down Sioux Falls in Regular Season Finale - South Bay Lakers
- Skyforce Loses to Lakers 128-125 in Final Minutes of Season Finale - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Lakeland Magic Defeat Celtics in Thrilling Overtime Season Finale - Lakeland Magic
- Squadron Secure Home Playoff Game with Fifth Straight Win - Birmingham Squadron
- Playoff Bound: Coats Down Herd in Regular Season Finale - Delaware Blue Coats
- College Park Defeats Gold 118-111 - Grand Rapids Gold
- Maine Celtics' Season Comes to End with OT Loss - Maine Celtics
- Nembhard Scores 42 in Charge Season Finale - Cleveland Charge
- Raptors 905 Swat the Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Coats Prepare for Round Two against the Herd - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blue Coats Capture First of Two against Herd - Delaware Blue Coats
- Legends Blast Past the Stars - Texas Legends
- Spurs Drop Penultimate Game before Sellout Crowd - Austin Spurs
- Legends Pull Away Late, Defeat Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.