Legends Guard Kyle Collinsworth Signs with Mavericks
DALLAS, TX, (Feb. 8, 2018) - The Dallas Mavericks signed Texas Legends guard Kyle Collinsworth, the team announced today.
Collinsworth (6-6, 210, BYU) originally signed a two-way contract with Dallas on Dec. 19 but was waived on Jan. 10, and ultimately signed to two 10-day contracts. In 11 games with the Mavericks this season he has averaged 2.5 points, 2.6 rebounds in 10.5 minutes with a season-high performance coming on Jan. 27 when he went 3-for-3 for 7 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal in Denver.
Collinsworth has spent the past two seasons with the Legends, joining the team his rookie season as an affiliate player out of Mavericks training camp. In 20 games with the team this year, he has averaged 11.0 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.5 assists, and 1.8 steals and earned his first triple-double (10 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists) as a professional in his final game Feb. 2.
The Provo-native played four seasons at BYU, averaging 15.3 points, 8.2 rebounds, 7.4 assists, and 2.0 steals as a senior and being named WCC Player of the Year. Collinsworth also earned the nickname "Mr. Triple-Double" in his time with the Cougars, setting the NCAA record for triple-doubles registered in a single season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 8, 2018
- Warriors Forward Terrence Jones Selected For USA Basketball Training Camp - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Taylor Braun Selected to Attend February USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team Training Camp - Salt Lake City Stars
- Hustle Waive Trahson Burrell - Memphis Hustle
- Underdog Gets the Win as Delaware 87ers Top the Westchester Knicks by One-Point Margin - Westchester Knicks
- Legends Guard Kyle Collinsworth Signs with Mavericks - Texas Legends
- Stockton and Harrison Selected for USA Basketball Training Camp - Reno Bighorns
- Legends Struggle in Salt Lake City - Texas Legends
- Wolves' Rally Falls Short in Austin - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Win Matinee Thriller over Iowa Wolves 114-112 - Austin Spurs
- Drew II, Gee Selected to USA Basketball Training Camp Roster - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Rodney Purvis Named to Team USA - Lakeland Magic
- NBA G League USA Roster Unveiled for 2018 NBA G League International Challenge - G League
- Detroit Pistons Recall Brice Johnson from Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- McKinney Jones Invited to USA Basketball World Cup Qualifying Team Training Camp - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Travis Wear Chosen to Attend February USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team Training Camp - South Bay Lakers
- Perrigo Partners with Grand Rapids Drive for Third Annual Jersey Takeover Game - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.