Perrigo Partners with Grand Rapids Drive for Third Annual Jersey Takeover Game
GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN (FEB 8, 2018) - The Grand Rapids Drive, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Detroit Pistons, announced that Perrigo's third annual Jersey Takeover Game will be held on Sunday, February 11, 2018 when the Drive host the Memphis Hustle (Memphis Grizzlies affiliate) at 1:00 PM (ET) at the DeltaPlex Arena. Doors open to the public at 12:00 PM (ET). Coverage of the game will be broadcasted live on NBA TV.
For this year's Jersey takeover event, Perrigo has partnered with Special Olympics Michigan who will be the recipient of various fundraising activities including a 50/50 raffle and the auction of the custom jerseys worn by the Drive during the game.
The jerseys will be available for bidding during the game near the merchandise table. The auction will conclude at the end of the third quarter. The winner of each jersey will receive a text message during the fourth quarter and should plan on making payment by the end of the game. Winners of each jersey will receive a photograph with the player and, at a later date, the signed jersey.
"Perrigo is proud to support local organizations that enhance the health, well-being and education within the communities in which we work and live. Having the opportunity to partner with a great organization like Special Olympics Michigan for this year's efforts with the Grand Rapids Drive is a win for everyone involved" said Tom Farrington, Perrigo Executive Vice President, Chief Information Officer for Perrigo and President of the Perrigo Company Charitable Foundation.
"Special Olympics Michigan is excited and honored to be a part of Jersey Takeover Night with the Grand Rapids Drive," said Aaron Mills, Special Olympics Michigan's Sr. Marketing and Communications Director. "Drive players and Special Olympics Michigan athletes share a love and passion for the game of basketball. And being able to share that connection along with the Grand Rapids community is going to make for a memorable night for everyone. We would like to thank the Perrigo Company and all its employees for their dedication to our organization and the community."
Perrigo recently partnered with Special Olympics Michigan and the GR Drive for a memorable event on January 30th, 2018 when approximately 40 local Special Olympic athletes took to the court for some professional level basketball instructions from members of the Grand Rapids Drive. The Special Olympics athletes were given commemorative t-shirts for the clinic, which all featured the number 1 and the names of all the groups involved. The athletes learned various skills from the Drive players and participated in an autograph session after the clinic with the pros.
To purchase tickets or for general inquiries, contact the Drive Box Office at 844-GR-DRIVE (844-473-7483) or go online to www.nbagrandrapids.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 8, 2018
- Warriors Forward Terrence Jones Selected For USA Basketball Training Camp - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Taylor Braun Selected to Attend February USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team Training Camp - Salt Lake City Stars
- Hustle Waive Trahson Burrell - Memphis Hustle
- Underdog Gets the Win as Delaware 87ers Top the Westchester Knicks by One-Point Margin - Westchester Knicks
- Legends Guard Kyle Collinsworth Signs with Mavericks - Texas Legends
- Stockton and Harrison Selected for USA Basketball Training Camp - Reno Bighorns
- Legends Struggle in Salt Lake City - Texas Legends
- Wolves' Rally Falls Short in Austin - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Win Matinee Thriller over Iowa Wolves 114-112 - Austin Spurs
- Drew II, Gee Selected to USA Basketball Training Camp Roster - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Rodney Purvis Named to Team USA - Lakeland Magic
- NBA G League USA Roster Unveiled for 2018 NBA G League International Challenge - G League
- Detroit Pistons Recall Brice Johnson from Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- McKinney Jones Invited to USA Basketball World Cup Qualifying Team Training Camp - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Travis Wear Chosen to Attend February USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team Training Camp - South Bay Lakers
- Perrigo Partners with Grand Rapids Drive for Third Annual Jersey Takeover Game - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Drive Stories
- Grand Rapids Drive's Landry Nnoko Named 2017-18 NBA G League Defensive Player of the Year
- Detroit Pistons Memorialize the Basketball Career of Zeke Upshaw with Honorary Call-Up
- Grand Rapids Drive Mourns the Passing of Zeke Upshaw
- Statement from Family of Zeke Upshaw
- Zeke Upshaw Update