Legends Complete Trade with Clippers
FRISCO, TX, (Feb. 22, 2018) - The Texas Legends have completed a trade with the Agua Caliente Clippers in which Texas acquired forward Cory Jefferson, Agua Caliente's 2018 NBA G League Draft 4th round pick, and the returning player rights to Cameron Ayers.
In exchange, Agua Caliente receives the returning player rights to Micheal Eric and Tu Holloway, Texas' original 2018 1st round pick, and Texas' 2018 3rd round pick (from Erie).
Jefferson (6-9, 215, Baylor) was drafted in the 2nd round of the 2014 NBA Draft by the San Antonio Spurs and ultimately traded to the Brooklyn Nets. As a rookie, Jefferson saw action in 50 games with the Nets averaging 3.7 points, 2.9 rebounds in 10.6 minutes per game. The Killeen native also has G League experience, playing most recently with the Austin Spurs in the 2016-17 season. In 42 games with the Spurs, Jefferson averaged 15.8 points, 8.4 rebounds and earned NBA G League All-Star selection. Jefferson joins the Legends after playing 20 games with EA7 Emporio Armani Milano in Italy.
Texas has also acquired guard Willie Warren off of waivers. Warren (6-4, 200, Oklahoma) was drafted in the 2nd round of the 2010 NBA Draft by the Los Angeles Clippers and saw action in 19 games as a rookie. The Dallas native has played internationally for six seasons, joining the Legends from the Shanxi Brave Dragons in the China CBA.
Jefferson and Warren will join the team as Texas hosts the Northern Arizona Suns tomorrow at 7:30pm CT. For tickets or information visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 22, 2018
- Skyforce Acquire 2018 2nd Round Draft Pick - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Complete Trade with Clippers - Texas Legends
- Lakeland Magic Acquire Byron Mullens from Sioux Falls Skyforce - Lakeland Magic
- Timberwolves Reassign Justin Patton to NBA G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Taylor Braun Makes USA Men 's World Cup Qualifying Team - Salt Lake City Stars
- Heat Assign Rodney McGruder to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stars to Host Rudy Gobert Bobblehead Night - Salt Lake City Stars
- Cavaliers Sign Marcus Thornton to 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Delaware 87ers to Host the Andrew McDonough B+ Foundation Night - Delaware Blue Coats
- Cavaliers Recall Ante Zizic from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Hustle Falter Late at Home against Suns - Memphis Hustle
- Salt Lake City Stars Fall to Bighorns - Salt Lake City Stars
- Bighorns Shutdown the Stars - Reno Bighorns
- Warney, Legends Dominate in Texas-Sized Showdown - Texas Legends
- Blue Can't Keep up with Charge - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- PRJKT VET Logo to Go on Legends' Court
- Legends Build "ConNEXTions" Youth Mentorship Program
- Texas Pro Sports Teams and Civic Organizations Unite with #TexasTeamUp Campaign to Encourage Voter Turnout in the Lone Star State
- Legends' Home Comerica Center to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Legends Host Voter Registration Event Sep. 22nd