Blue Can't Keep up with Charge
CANTON, Ohio - The Oklahoma City Blue (20-18) fell to the Canton Charge (15-23), 106-101, on Wednesday night.
After trailing by as many as 26 in the game, Oklahoma City had the Canton lead trimmed to three points with 13.4 seconds left on a three-pointer from Bryce Alford. John Holland hit two free throws to ice the game for Canton.
Oklahoma City outscored Canton, 36-18 in the fourth quarter, its second-fewest points allowed in a fourth quarter this season.
Two-way player Daniel Hamilton led the way for the Blue in the final frame, scoring 17 of his game-high 27 points in the quarter. Fellow two-way player PJ Dozier contributed 13 points in the second half and finished with 23 points and nine rebounds, his third game with 20-plus points this season.
Alford led the Blue's bench with 13 points and five rebounds, one of five in double figures for Oklahoma City. Holland tallied 19 points for the Charge.
The two teams played even to start off the game, with the lead changing hands four times in the first quarter. Midway through the first, a three from Grant Jerrett sparked a 10-0 run to give the Charge a lead it would not relinquish for the rest of the game.
The Blue returns to home on Friday, Feb. 23 to face the Austin Spurs at 7 p.m. at the Cox Convention Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 22, 2018
- Skyforce Acquire 2018 2nd Round Draft Pick - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Complete Trade with Clippers - Texas Legends
- Lakeland Magic Acquire Byron Mullens from Sioux Falls Skyforce - Lakeland Magic
- Timberwolves Reassign Justin Patton to NBA G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Taylor Braun Makes USA Men 's World Cup Qualifying Team - Salt Lake City Stars
- Heat Assign Rodney McGruder to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stars to Host Rudy Gobert Bobblehead Night - Salt Lake City Stars
- Cavaliers Sign Marcus Thornton to 10-Day Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Delaware 87ers to Host the Andrew McDonough B+ Foundation Night - Delaware Blue Coats
- Cavaliers Recall Ante Zizic from Canton Charge - Canton Charge
- Hustle Falter Late at Home against Suns - Memphis Hustle
- Salt Lake City Stars Fall to Bighorns - Salt Lake City Stars
- Bighorns Shutdown the Stars - Reno Bighorns
- Warney, Legends Dominate in Texas-Sized Showdown - Texas Legends
- Blue Can't Keep up with Charge - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.