Legends Can't Stop Drive and Fall 7-2
FLUOR FIELD (Greenville, SC) - The Greenville Drive jumped out to an early 4-0 lead after the first inning and the Lexington Legends fell in game three 7-2.
The Drive put up four runs in the bottom of the first inning. Kervin Suarez led off with a single to center field then reached second on a fielding error on a ball hit by Ryan Fitzgerald. Jarren Duran singled home Suarez and the Drive was on the board, 1-0. With two runners on base, Tanner Nishioka blasted a three-run home run to centerfield and Greenville led 4-0.
Greenville continued to score in the bottom of the third inning. Everlouis Lozada singled to left field then advanced to third on a double by Samuel Miranda. Jordan Wren grounded out to the second baseman, but Lozada scored.
In the bottom of the fourth inning, Ryan Fitzgerald singled to centerfield and advanced to third on a throwing error by first baseman, Nick Pratto. Nishioka then smacked an RBI single to right field and Greenville continued to lead 7-0.
The Legends plated their first runs in the top of the ninth inning. Jeison Guzman was hit by a pitch then moved to third when Pratto doubled to left field. With Brewer Hicklen at the plate, Samuel Miranda allowed a passed ball and Guzman scored. Hicklen then reached base on a throwing error by the third baseman and Pratto scored to make it a 7-2 ballgame.
Collin Snider was given the loss for Lexington tossing 3.0 innings allowing seven runs (five earned) on 11 hits while striking out four. Jhonathan Diaz was awarded the victory throwing 7.0 shutout innings allowing four hits while walking one and striking out six.
The Legends and Drive meet for the regular season finale tomorrow, September 3 at 2:05 p.m. Fans can purchase ticket packages for the entirety of playoffs held at Whitaker Bank Ballpark. Prices range from $24 Box Seats to $66 Diamond Club seats for all three games which are slated for September 5, 10 and 11. All purchases are final. Any games not played or if the Legends are eliminated from the playoffs, accounts will be credited for 2019 tickets and ticket packages. For the September 5 game, fans can purchase a Rough & Rowdy Ticket Package that includes a Box Seat Legends playoff ticket along with an Outfield GA ticket for Rough & Rowdy for $30. This package is available now!
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
Images from this story
Lexington Legends pitcher Collin Snider
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from September 2, 2018
- 'Claws Bullpen Stifles 'Birds - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Warren, Brogdon Slam Door on Birds; Claws Win 5-4 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Kennedy Razor Sharp in Final Start of 2018 - Asheville Tourists
- De Paula and Baragar Combine for 16 Strikeouts in Loss - Augusta GreenJackets
- Drive Game Story (): Drive Ride Early Lead to Victory on Sunday - Greenville Drive
- Legends Can't Stop Drive and Fall 7-2 - Lexington Legends
- Semple, RiverDogs Top Playoff-Hopeful Power - Charleston RiverDogs
- Crawdads Fall in Close Game to Greensboro - Hickory Crawdads
- Nunez Hurls Quality Start in One-Run Loss - West Virginia Power
- Suns Snap Six-Game Skid with 4-1 Victory Sunday Afternoon - Hagerstown Suns
- Power on Edge of Playoffs - West Virginia Power
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (september 2) - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- Lexington Drops Game One to Hagerstown
- Lexington Legends Announce Summer Concert Featuring Ludacris, Waka Flocka and More June 15
- Legends Fall to Fireflies in Series Finale
- Lexington Takes Series over Columbia with 3-1 Victory
- Bubic Fans Career High 12 in 8-4 Legends Victory