Kennedy Razor Sharp in Final Start of 2018
ASHEVILLE- The Asheville Tourists fell short to the Rome Braves on Saturday night by a final score of 2-1. The pitcher's duel featured only a combined seven hits from the two teams.
Nick Kennedy outpitched Rome's Walter Borkovich, although both were outstanding. Kennedy dialed up arguably his best start of the season. The left-hander threw six shutout innings for Asheville and limited the Braves to just one hit. Kennedy struck out seven and departed with a 1-0 lead.
The Tourists took the lead in the bottom of the fifth on a Tyler Bugner RBI double. Matt McLaughlin added a pair of hits for the Tourists; however, those were Asheville's only base hits on the night.
Rome tied the score with a run in the seventh and took the lead on a Jefrey Ramos Home Run in the top of the ninth. The Tourists and the Braves will wrap up the regular season on Monday afternoon with a 1:05pm first pitch.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from September 2, 2018
- 'Claws Bullpen Stifles 'Birds - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Warren, Brogdon Slam Door on Birds; Claws Win 5-4 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Kennedy Razor Sharp in Final Start of 2018 - Asheville Tourists
- De Paula and Baragar Combine for 16 Strikeouts in Loss - Augusta GreenJackets
- Drive Game Story (): Drive Ride Early Lead to Victory on Sunday - Greenville Drive
- Legends Can't Stop Drive and Fall 7-2 - Lexington Legends
- Semple, RiverDogs Top Playoff-Hopeful Power - Charleston RiverDogs
- Crawdads Fall in Close Game to Greensboro - Hickory Crawdads
- Nunez Hurls Quality Start in One-Run Loss - West Virginia Power
- Suns Snap Six-Game Skid with 4-1 Victory Sunday Afternoon - Hagerstown Suns
- Power on Edge of Playoffs - West Virginia Power
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (september 2) - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.