De Paula and Baragar Combine for 16 Strikeouts in Loss
North Augusta, SC: The Augusta GreenJackets, South Atlantic League affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, lost 1-0 to the Columbia Fireflies on Sunday night.
The game would come down to a solo home run off the bat of Dionis Paulino for Columbia in the top of the third inning. The GreenJackets would threaten in the bottom of the inning when Malique Ziegler got to third base, but he wouldn't come across to score.
The game featured a combined four hits and 33 strikeouts. In his GreenJackets debut, Juan De Paula went five innings giving up just two hits and one run. He also went on to strikeout nine Fireflies. Taking over for De Paula was Caleb Baragar, who threw four innings without surrendering a hit. He also struck out seven Columbia batters.
Augusta will be back in action tomorrow for the final game of the season. First pitch is set for 2:05 pm at SRP Park.
Tomorrow we will have our last fireworks show of the season to celebrate Labor Day. Finally on Monday, we will have our Labor Day Luau. Come see the GreenJackets for the last time this season! Get your tickets at www.greenjacketsbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from September 2, 2018
- 'Claws Bullpen Stifles 'Birds - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Warren, Brogdon Slam Door on Birds; Claws Win 5-4 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Kennedy Razor Sharp in Final Start of 2018 - Asheville Tourists
- De Paula and Baragar Combine for 16 Strikeouts in Loss - Augusta GreenJackets
- Drive Game Story (): Drive Ride Early Lead to Victory on Sunday - Greenville Drive
- Legends Can't Stop Drive and Fall 7-2 - Lexington Legends
- Semple, RiverDogs Top Playoff-Hopeful Power - Charleston RiverDogs
- Crawdads Fall in Close Game to Greensboro - Hickory Crawdads
- Nunez Hurls Quality Start in One-Run Loss - West Virginia Power
- Suns Snap Six-Game Skid with 4-1 Victory Sunday Afternoon - Hagerstown Suns
- Power on Edge of Playoffs - West Virginia Power
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (september 2) - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Augusta GreenJackets Stories
- GreenJackets Awarded the Charles K. Murphy Patriot Award
- : Jackets Season Ends in Lexington
- Playoff Notes: Game 2, SALSCS at Lexington Legends, 7:05 p.m., Whitaker Bank Ballpark
- Lexington Takes Game #1 with 2-1 Victory
- Playoff Notes: Game 1, SALSCS vs Lexington Legends, 7:05 p.m., SRP Park