Laredo Tops Odessa, 6-1
ODESSA, TX - Two goals in the first three minutes of the game sparked a 6-1 win for the Laredo Bucks on Thursday night over the Odessa Jackalopes at the Ector County Coliseum. Neil Trimm's two goals were part of a four-point night for the Laredo forward.
Trimm's first tally was part of Laredo's two-goal breakout in the game's opening minutes. Addison DeBoer added the other goal at 2:39 for the Bucks. Trimm's goal came on the man-advantage, and the rest of the period remained scoreless.
Kenny Bernard put Odessa on the board and cut the Laredo lead to 2-1 at 7:46 of period two. After the Bernard goal the Bucks scored four unanswered with markers from Matt Robinson, Hans Benson, Daniel Koger, and Trimm again with just over three minutes remaining in the frame.
There was no scoring in the third period.
Laredo's Torrie Jung picked up the win with 22 saves in his first professional start. Odessa's Joel Martin took the loss and was pulled in the second period after giving up his fourth goal of the game. Jeremie Dupont came on in relief of Martin stopping 12 of 14 shots.
Odessa and Laredo finish their two-game set on Saturday back at the Ector County Coliseum. 7:05 PM CST is the scheduled start time. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 28, 2010
- Limpright Lifts 'Bugs Over Bees in Goaltenders' Duel - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks Exorcise Demons in Odessa with Win - Laredo Bucks
- Laredo Tops Odessa, 6-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bees Fall to Mudbugs in Shootout - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Sundogs to Retire Bartolone's No. 29 Tomorrow Night - Arizona Sundogs
- Mallards Sign Goaltender Russo; Netminder Robinson Waived - Quad City Mallards
- Rush Battle the Allen Americans this Weekend at the Civic Center - Rapid City Rush
- CHL Guide and Record Book Cd Now Available - CHL
- Undefeated PrairieThunder Home Friday & Saturday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Cann Called up to Lake Erie - Tulsa Oilers
- Join the Sundogs for Mall-O-Ween this Sunday, October 31 from 4-6pm at Prescott Gateway Mall - Arizona Sundogs
- Help Us Celebrate Ken Carroll and 10 Years at the CTC Tonight - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Doubleheader - Tulsa Oilers
- Bucks Start Series in Odessa Tonight - Laredo Bucks