Lancers Top Fargo 4-3
The Fargo Force (3-3-0-1) started off hot but couldn't keep their lead falling to the Omaha Lancers (4-3-1-0) 4-3 in night two of the series. Two goals from Force forward Erik Bargholtz and 31 saves from netminder Anton Castro weren't enough to keep the black and blue on top.
Felikss Gavars got the scoring started for Fargo with a shorthanded beauty 6:44 into the first period. He maneuvered his way past two Lancer defensemen to give the Force a 1-0 lead. Erik Bargholtz followed that up three minutes later sending one over the shoulder of the Lancer netminder off a feed from Tyler Rollwagen. Omaha outshot Fargo in the first 15-9 but couldn't get anything past Castro, closing out the period with a 2-0 Force lead.
Similar to Friday night the Lancers came alive in the second scoring three unanswered goals all within a two-minute timeframe, one of which was a crazy goal from Matt Basgall at the opposite blue line that seemed to catch just about everyone off guard. The Force saw a pair of powerplay chances in the second but couldn't capitalize, closing out the period with a 3-2 Omaha lead.
Erik Bargholtz tied the game back up at 3's apiece 5 minutes into the third with a beautiful redirect off a shot from Palodichuck. A little over 4 minutes later the Lancers took the lead once again off a powerplay goal from Michael Cameron. The Force saw a few scoring opportunities late in the third but couldn't get anything past falling to Omaha 4-3 in the final game of the weekend series.
The Force are back at home next weekend vs. the Waterloo Blackhawks on Oct. 29 and Oct. 30 tickets for both games are available via ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from October 23, 2021
- Gamblers Win an OT Thriller - Green Bay Gamblers
- Steel Earn 3-2 Shootout Win over Dubuque - Chicago Steel
- Storm Drop Home Game to Stampede - Tri-City Storm
- Hawks Trio Stacks up Scoring - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Stampede Earn Big Road Win over Tri-City - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Saints Battle Toe-To-Toe with Chicago, Fall in Shootout - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Second Period Rally Leads Lancers to Sweep over Fargo - Omaha Lancers
- Lumberjacks Come up Short in 6-4 Loss to Madison - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Lancers Top Fargo 4-3 - Fargo Force
- Storm Host Stampede for Rae of Hope Night - Tri-City Storm
- Stars Hold on for 3-2 Win in Waterloo - Lincoln Stars
- Four-Goal 3rd Period Propels Capitols to Sixth Straight Victory - Madison Capitols
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.