Lancers Fall to Stampede, 4-1
RALSTON, NE - The Omaha Lancers split the weekend series with the Sioux Falls Stampede by a final score of 4-1 on Saturday night.
In the first period, Kyle Bettens (8:24) netted his fifth goal of the year from the left side circle in past Trent Burnham to get the Lancers ahead 1-0. The Stampede evened the game 1-1 when Cole Sillinger (14:31) chipped the puck in past Jakub Dobes off of a rebound.
Late in the second period, Nate Schweitzer (15:45) scored to get the Stampede ahead 2-1 going into the second intermission.
In the third, the Stampede extended their lead 3-1 when Sillinger (7:03) scored his second of the night. With Dobes pulled, the Stampede would add another goal with 1:19 remaining for a 4-1 final score.
The Lancers are 13-9 on the season with 26 points.
The Lancers return to the ice on Friday, January 29th in Kearney to start a three-game weekend set with the Storm.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 23, 2021
- Gameday Preview: vs. Tri-City - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Split Weekend Series with Stars - Tri-City Storm
- Steel Fall 5-2 to Youngstown - Chicago Steel
- Game, Weekend, Series - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Sillinger Leads Stampede to Win over Omaha - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Lancers Fall to Stampede, 4-1 - Omaha Lancers
- Lancers Add Penney from Gamblers - Omaha Lancers
- Lancers Edge Stampede, 2-1 - Omaha Lancers
- Storm Seek Weekend Sweep of Stars - Tri-City Storm
- Waterloo Rallies Past Musketeers - Sioux City Musketeers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.