Lancers Edge Stampede, 2-1
RALSTON, NE - The Omaha Lancers edged out the Sioux Falls Stampede by a final score of 2-1 on Friday night in game one of the two-game weekend series.
In the second period, Ryan Lautenbach (1:35) netted his eighth goal of the year when Ayrton Martino sauced the puck from the left blue-line right to the tape of Lautenbach. From there, Lautenbach snapped the puck in past Stoever for a 1-0 lead. The Lancers kept their foot on the gas when Michael Posma (10:16) showed off his skill driving the net and getting the puck in low past Stoever for a 2-0 Lancers lead.
In the third, the Stampede netted an early power-play goal from Brett Johnson (0:34) for a 2-1 score. Sioux Falls pulled Stoever later in the period but could not get the puck past Jakub Dobes for an eventual 2-1 final score and a Lancer's victory. Dobes was fantastic in the game stopping 23 of the 24 shots he faced.
The Lancers are now 13-8 on the year with 26 points and a spot at 2nd in the West.
Omaha and Sioux Falls will face off again on Saturday night at 6:05 PM at Ralston Arena.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 23, 2021
- Gameday Preview: vs. Tri-City - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Split Weekend Series with Stars - Tri-City Storm
- Steel Fall 5-2 to Youngstown - Chicago Steel
- Game, Weekend, Series - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Sillinger Leads Stampede to Win over Omaha - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Lancers Fall to Stampede, 4-1 - Omaha Lancers
- Lancers Add Penney from Gamblers - Omaha Lancers
- Lancers Edge Stampede, 2-1 - Omaha Lancers
- Storm Seek Weekend Sweep of Stars - Tri-City Storm
- Waterloo Rallies Past Musketeers - Sioux City Musketeers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.