Lancers Comeback Falls Short in OT to Stampede, 3-2
RALSTON, NE - The Omaha Lancers fell to the Sioux Falls Stampede in overtime on Friday night by a final score of 3-2.
The Stampede got ahead of the Lancers 2-0 scoring a goal in the first from Isacc Hekenmeye-Howe (6:00 1st) and Lewandowski (2:04, 2nd). The Lancers got on the board in the third period on the power play when Luke Mobley (5:21) netted his fifth goal of the year. The Lancers ended up on the power play again late in the third period and pulled Kyle McClellan for the extra attacker. Cole Kodsi (19:32) evened the game to force overtime. In the extra frame, and on the power play, the Stampede scored when Jared Westcott shot the puck from the right circle to beat McClellan. The Lancers are now 9-7-4-0 with 22 points in the Western Conference.
The Lancers return to the ice on Saturday, December 7th to face the Sioux Falls Stampede for game two of the weekend series. Puck drop is at 7:05 PM. All the action can be heard on KOIL News Talk 1290 and HockeyTV.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Tri-City Splits Weekend Series with Fargo - Tri-City Storm
- Lumberjacks End Tough Weekend in Dubuque with a 3-1 Loss - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Steel Rally to Top Cedar Rapids - Chicago Steel
- Stars Stop Hawks on Saturday - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Olson Scores in Overtime for Weekend Sweep in Omaha - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Beck Scores Game Winner, Defense Dominates in 3-1 Win - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Preview: Storm Set to Host Fargo for Boy Scout Night - Tri-City Storm
- Lancers Comeback Falls Short in OT to Stampede, 3-2 - Omaha Lancers
- Steel Take 4-2 Victory over Cedar Rapids - Chicago Steel
- Stars Pick up a Point, But Lose in Shootout to Waterloo - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.