Steel Rally to Top Cedar Rapids
The Steel came from behind to win a 4-3 game against the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders at Cedar Rapids Ice Arena on Saturday night ... The club tallied three unanswered goals in 54 seconds during the third period in the win ... It was the third time this season the team has come back to win after trailing heading into the third period ... The penalty kill unit went 5-for-5 (100%)... Chicago out-shot its opponent by a 33-21 margin.
The victory was Chicago's 10th consecutive win on the road this season.
Erik Middendorf picked up the game-winning goal and added a helper in the victory.
Jimmy Dowd Jr. scored his first goal of the season and registered an assist.
Liam Devlin scored his second goal in as many nights. This season, Devlin has five points (4G, 1A).
Matty De St. Phalle scored his third goal in the past two games, giving him 15 markers this season.
Matt Coronato now has 15 points (6G, 9A) after recording two helpers.
Mackie Samoskevich charted an assist in the win.
Victor Ostman stopped 18 shots. His record now stands at 12-3-0-0 this year.
Chicago Steel Upcoming Games
Fri., Dec. 13 vs. Tri-City Storm 7:05 pm (Superstition Night)
Sat., Dec. 14 vs. Tri-City Storm 7:05 pm (Winterfest with Jersey Auction to benefit Cyclones Amateur Hockey Association presented by Illinois Aviation Academy)
Sat., Dec. 28 vs. Youngstown Phantoms 7:05 pm (Zamboni Coin Bank Giveaway, Xfinity Skate With the Steel)
December 7 at Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
Game 22, Road Game 11
1 2 3 OT F
Steel 1 0 3 - 4
Cedar Rapids 3 0 0 - 3
(Cedar Rapids Ice Arena - Cedar Rapids, IA)
Chicago Steel Postgame Central
Steel: 17-4-1-0 (Road: 10-1-0-0); 35 pts.
Cedar Rapids: 10-11-1-0 (Home: 6-3-1-0); 21 pts.
Shots PP PK PIM
Steel 33 0-5 5-5 31
Cedar Rapids 21 0-5 5-5 27
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Tri-City Splits Weekend Series with Fargo - Tri-City Storm
- Lumberjacks End Tough Weekend in Dubuque with a 3-1 Loss - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Steel Rally to Top Cedar Rapids - Chicago Steel
- Stars Stop Hawks on Saturday - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Olson Scores in Overtime for Weekend Sweep in Omaha - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Beck Scores Game Winner, Defense Dominates in 3-1 Win - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Preview: Storm Set to Host Fargo for Boy Scout Night - Tri-City Storm
- Lancers Comeback Falls Short in OT to Stampede, 3-2 - Omaha Lancers
- Steel Take 4-2 Victory over Cedar Rapids - Chicago Steel
- Stars Pick up a Point, But Lose in Shootout to Waterloo - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.