LAFC Draws Galaxy 1-1 at Stubhub Center on Friday Night
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) tied the Galaxy 1-1 in their third and final regular season meeting on Friday night at StubHub Center.
Galaxy forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic put the home team up first with a goal in the 15th minute, narrowly missed by LAFC defender Danilo Silva. Forward Carlos Vela would level things up for the Black & Gold from the penalty spot in the 51st minute. Vela is now tied for first on the team with nine goals (Diomande and Ramirez).
LAFC returns to action next Saturday, September 1 taking on reigning MLS Cup champion Toronto FC at 5:00 p.m. PT (YouTube TV, UniMás 46, ESPNLA 710 AM, 980 AM) at BMO Field.
With tonight's draw, the Club moves to second place in the Western Conference with a 12-7-7 (43 points) record.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 25, 2018
- Minnesota United Falls 2-0 on the Road to Sporting Kc - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting KC Tops Minnesota 2-0 for Fourth Straight Win - Sporting Kansas City
- Impact Falls 3-1 in Toronto - Montreal Impact
- Toronto FC (3) - Montreal Impact (1) Post-Match Summary - Toronto FC
- New Acquisition Carlos Ascues Puts in Strong Performance in Debut - Orlando City SC
- NYRBII, Battery Each Take Point in Thrilling 4-4 Draw - New York Red Bulls
- Match Recap: Philadelphia Union 1, New England Revolution 0 - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Fall to Philadelphia Union, 1-0 - New England Revolution
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Portland Timbers - August 26, 2018 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, LAFC 1 - Friday, August 24, 2018 - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Draws Galaxy 1-1 at Stubhub Center on Friday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City Falls to Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.