Game Notes: Sounders FC at Portland Timbers - August 26, 2018
After matching the club record for win margin and breaking the club mark for consecutive victories with a 5-0 result last Saturday over LA Galaxy, Sounders FC (10-9-5, 35 points) takes its nine-match unbeaten streak into Sunday's nationally-televised clash with archrival Portland Timbers (10-6-7, 37 points) at Providence Park. Currently two points shy of Portland for the sixth and final postseason spot, Sounders FC can jump over the red line with a win. Sunday's match also marks the Rave Green's second to last Cascadia Cup fixture of 2018, as Seattle, Portland and Vancouver are all tied with three points apiece.
Sunday's match is being carried nationally on FS1 and regionally on YouTube TV, featuring John Strong, Stuart Holden and Katie Witham on the call. Sports Radio 950 KJR AM is airing the fixture on the radio, with Matt Johnson on play-by-play and Kasey Keller on color commentary, as well as Jackson Felts, Pete Fewing and Danny Jackson handling pre-match, halftime and post-match duty. Fans in Western Washington can listen to El Rey 1360 AM for a Spanish radio broadcast, featuring "Zuper" Mario Rodriguez, Felipe Maqueda and Carlos Tapia.
Following Sunday's match, Brian Schmetzer's side returns home to face Sporting Kansas City on Saturday, September 1 on the Xbox Pitch at CenturyLink Field (1:00 p.m. PT / UDN, JOEtv, Twitter, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
National TV: FS1
Regional TV: YouTube TV
Talent: John Strong, Stuart Holden and Katie Witham
Local Radio: 950 KJR AM
Talent: Matt Johnson and Kasey Keller
Pre-Match, Halftime and Post-Match Talent: Jackson Felts, Pete Fewing and Danny Jackson
Local Radio (Spanish): El Rey 1360 AM
Talent: Mario Rodriguez, Felipe Maqueda and Carlos Tapia
INTERNATIONAL BROADCAST INFORMATION
Asia: BeIN Sports (ASIA)
Australia: BeIN Sports (AUS)
Middle East & North Africa: Abu Dhabi Sports
Sub-Saharan Africa: FOX Africa
Images from this story
Zarek Valentin of the Portland Timbers and Gustav Svensson of Seattle Sounders FC
(Lindsey Wasson / Seattle Sounders FC)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 25, 2018
- Minnesota United Falls 2-0 on the Road to Sporting Kc - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting KC Tops Minnesota 2-0 for Fourth Straight Win - Sporting Kansas City
- Impact Falls 3-1 in Toronto - Montreal Impact
- Toronto FC (3) - Montreal Impact (1) Post-Match Summary - Toronto FC
- New Acquisition Carlos Ascues Puts in Strong Performance in Debut - Orlando City SC
- NYRBII, Battery Each Take Point in Thrilling 4-4 Draw - New York Red Bulls
- Match Recap: Philadelphia Union 1, New England Revolution 0 - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Fall to Philadelphia Union, 1-0 - New England Revolution
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Portland Timbers - August 26, 2018 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, LAFC 1 - Friday, August 24, 2018 - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Draws Galaxy 1-1 at Stubhub Center on Friday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City Falls to Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Following 4-2 Victory in Chicago, Sounders FC Begins Season 3-0-0 for the First Time Since 2009
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Chicago Fire - March 16, 2019
- Sounders FC Goalkeeper Trey Muse Called into U.S. U-20 Men's National Team
- Lodeiro and Svensson Called into International Duty
- Sounders FC Announces 2019 Matchday Themes