LAFC Announces Partnership Extension with Metro
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) and the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) announced an extension today of their partnership to promote the ease and convenience of taking the Expo Line or Silver Line to all LAFC matches at Banc of California Stadium.
"This is exciting and important for LAFC to continue our partnership with Metro," said LAFC President and Co-Owner Tom Penn. "With Metro, we are able to enhance the LAFC match-day experience by providing quick, convenient and cost-effective ways to access Banc of California Stadium."
LAFC and Metro enjoyed an incredible partnership during the Club's inaugural season in 2018. This extension demonstrates a renewed dedication to highlighting the ease of using public transit to get directly to the stadium from the Metro Expo Line and Silver Line while avoiding traffic along the way. Joining forces for every home match to enhance the soccer fan experience on light rail, the partnership also features a new 2019-20 marketing campaign that includes a "Go Metro to Banc of California Stadium" commercial featuring players Tyler Miller, Walker Zimmerman, Latif Blessing and Eduard Atuesta. The commercial will be shown in-stadium for the remainder of the 2019 season and in to 2020.
As part of the partnership, LAFC fans and supporters who go Metro can receive a 10-percent discount on all hats at LAFC HQ, the Club's team store, by showing their TAP cards at checkout.
"We're excited to renew our partnership with LAFC and to offer fans on gamedays an affordable, stress-free and, above all, fun way to get to the stadium," said Metro Board Chair and City of Inglewood Mayor James T. Butts. "And we're thrilled to help fans cheer this team on as they close in on what we hope will be their first MLS Cup title!"
LAFC's Banc of California Stadium is accessible using the Metro Expo Line at the Expo Park/USC Station. From the Expo Park/USC Station, walk along Kinsey Drive or Victory Walk to South Coliseum Drive toward Banc of California Stadium. Downtown LA Metro Expo Line stations are now open. From the Silver Line, exit at 37th St/USC Station and walk one block west and two blocks south to reach the stadium. Detailed directions are also available via the Trip Planner button on the LAFC app, available for download from the App Store. For more about Metro, visit metro.net.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 11, 2019
- MLS Fines Portland Timbers Head Coach Giovanni Savarese for Comments Regarding Officiating - MLS
- LAFC Announces Partnership Extension with Metro - Los Angeles FC
- Race for Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Spots Wide Open with Four Weeks Left: Week 28 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Unveil Kick Childhood Cancer Initiative - Philadelphia Union
- Know Your Opponent | New England Revolution - Orlando City SC
- LAFC and Sanrio Team up for Hello Kitty Giveaway on Saturday, September 21 - Los Angeles FC
- Independent Review Panel Rescinds Delamea Suspension - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC & Galaxy to Host L.A. Charity FIFA Challenge on Sunday, March 29
- LAFC Statement on MLS Season Suspension and 2020 CONCACAF Champions League Match
- The Rivalry Grows: MLS All-Star Skills Challenge to Feature MLS vs. Liga Mx
- LAFC and Philadelphia Union Draw 3-3 on Sunday Night
- LAFC Takes on Philadelphia Union on Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium