LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Jonathan Bond
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy announced today that the club has signed goalkeeper Jonathan Bond from English Premier League side West Bromwich Albion. Bond, 27, joins the Galaxy after representing West Brom since 2018. A product of Hemel Hempstead, England, Bond will not occupy an International roster spot with the club as he holds a U.S. Passport.
"Jonathan is a quality goalkeeper with experience playing at a high level," said LA Galaxy General Manager Dennis te Kloese. "He is a talented player and we believe he can make an impact with our team as we strengthen our goalkeeper position. We look forward to Jonathan joining the squad and his contributions this season."
Bond has represented West Brom, Watford and Reading throughout his career, with loan spells throughout England. Overall, he has made 36 appearances in the English Championship, 40 appearances in League One and 15 appearances in England's FA Cup during his professional career.
The 6-foot-5-inch goalkeeper began his professional career at Watford in 2010 after coming up through the club's Academy. While at Watford, he gained experience while on loan at Brackley Town, Forest Green Rovers, Dagenham & Redbridge and Bury FC from 2011-2012.
In 2015, Bond signed with Reading, where he went on to make 14 appearances while also joining Gillingham and Peterborough United on loan. He eventually signed with West Brom in 2018, where he has since made seven appearances for West Brom in cup competitions.
Internationally, Bond has represented the Wales U-17 and U-19 squads in addition to earning call ups for the U-21 and senior sides. Since choosing to represent England in 2013, he has also represented the England U-21 squad, making his debut under Gareth Southgate when he replaced Jack Butland in a 9-0 victory over San Marino in a UEFA European Under-21 Championship Qualifying match.
Transaction: The LA Galaxy sign goalkeeper Jonathan Bond from English Premier League side West Bromwich Albion.
Name: Jonathan Bond
Weight: 150 lbs.
Born: May 19, 1993
Last Club: West Bromwich Albion
Birthplace: Hemel Hempstead, England
Nationality: England (holds United States passport)
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships for the 2021 Major League Soccer season are now available. LA Galaxy fans can go to lagalaxy.com/since96 to secure their 2021 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships. In addition to visiting lagalaxy.com/since96, fans can secure 2021 Season Ticket Memberships by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 14, 2021
- MLS SuperDraft Look Back - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Basketball Academy Welcomes Top Recruit Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn - Real Salt Lake
- New York Red Bulls Name Jyri Nieminen Goalkeeper Coach - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Announces Eligible Players List for MLS SuperDraft 2021 Presented by adidas on January 21 - MLS
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Jonathan Bond - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo FC Sign Winger Tyler Pasher from Indy Eleven - Houston Dynamo
- Philadelphia Union Acquire $50,000 in Allocation Money from FC Dallas - Philadelphia Union
- Montreal Impact Becomes Club de Foot Montreal - Club de Foot Montreal
- FC Dallas Signs Winger Kalil ElMedkhar - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo and Goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann Named to U.S. U-23 Men's National Team Camp Roster
- LA Galaxy to Begin Preseason at Dignity Health Sports Park on Monday, March 1
- LA Galaxy Unveil 2021 Community Kit
- LA Galaxy Announces Jersey Partnership with Honey
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Carlos Harvey