LA Galaxy Sign Forward Ethan Zubak
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy have signed forward Ethan Zubak to a Homegrown Player contract from LA Galaxy II, the club announced today. Zubak, 20, is an LA Galaxy Academy product that signs with the first team after three seasons for LA Galaxy II in the USL.
"Ethan has been an important part of LA Galaxy II's steady progression over the past three seasons," said LA Galaxy General Manager Dennis te Kloese. "Ethan's personal and professional progression since his time with the Academy has shown in the meaningful and consistent minutes he has earned in the USL. We look forward to his contributions to the first team and to his continued development within our club. We want to also thank and recognize Arsenal FC Academy and Legends FC for their role in Ethan's development both on and off the field."
Zubak joins Efrain Alvarez, Julian Araujo, Bradford Jamieson IV, Hugo Arellano, Diedie Traore, Daniel Steres and David Romney as first-team players that spent time developing through the LA Galaxy Academy or LA Galaxy II. The 20-year-old captained LA Galaxy II in 2018 and was a mainstay in the Los Dos attack for the third straight season, appearing in 31 games, starting in 24, scoring 11 goals and two assists. Last season, Zubak scored the fastest hat trick in United Soccer League history.
The Corona, Calif., native made his Los Dos debut in August 2015 against Arizona United and was signed to the team ahead of the 2016 USL season. In total, Zubak has accumulated 83 appearances, 53 starts, 17 goals and six assists for LA Galaxy II, securing his spot on the USL 20 Under 20 list in 2018 and 2017.
Before signing with LA Galaxy II, Zubak was a member of the LA Galaxy Academy. With LA Galaxy Academy's U-17/18 team, Zubak led his team with 13 goals in 21 appearances during the 2015-2016 season. He also spent time playing for Arsenal FC Academy and Legends FC in California.
On the international level, Zubak earned his first youth national team appearance in January when U.S. Under-19 Head Coach Brad Friedel named the forward to his 23-player roster for the Copa de Athletico tournament in the Canary Islands, Spain. Zubak was capped in each of the tournament's three games.
This week, Zubak and the LA Galaxy will compete in their first away match of the 2019 season, taking on FC Dallas at 12:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, March 9 at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas (Univision, Univision Deportes).
Transaction: LA Galaxy sign forward Ethan Zubak to a Homegrown Player contract from LA Galaxy II.
Name: Ethan Zubak
Weight: 165 lbs.
Born: April 15, 1998
Last Club: LA Galaxy II
Birthplace: Corona, California
Nationality: United States
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships for the 2019 Major League Soccer season at Dignity Health Sports Park are now available. Galaxy fans can go to www.lagalaxy.com/since96 to secure their 2019 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships. Fans can also call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) and press 2 when prompted to secure Season Ticket Memberships.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 8, 2019
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Colorado Rapids - March 9, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Defender Marcos Lopez Called to the Peruvian National Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Takes on Houston Dynamo Saturday - Montreal Impact
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs. Hartford Athletic - Atlanta United FC
- LA Galaxy Sign Forward Ethan Zubak - LA Galaxy
- Chicago Fire Signs Academy Product Gabriel Slonina - Chicago Fire
- Earthquakes to Host FIFA Women's World Cup Viewing Parties at Avaya Stadium - San Jose Earthquakes
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Columbus Crew Sc - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas vs LA Galaxy: 5 Things You Need to Know about the Match - FC Dallas
- Preview: Minnesota United FC vs. San Jose Earthquakes - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati Loan Emery Welshman to Forge FC - FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati Foundation Partners with Flying Pig Marathon for FCC3 - FC Cincinnati
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Gillette Stadium to Face the New England Revolution on Saturday - Columbus Crew SC
- Preview: Sporting Hosts Philadelphia in MLS Home Opener Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Houston Dynamo 1 - Friday, April 19, 2019
- LA Galaxy Announce 2019 LA Galaxy Special Olympics Unified Roster
- LA Galaxy to Host Golf Tournament on June 10 to Benefit LA Galaxy Foundation
- LA Galaxy to Celebrate Protect the Pitch Night Friday at Dignity Health Sports Park
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Philadelphia Union 0 - Saturday, April 13, 2019