LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, D.C. United 2 - Sunday, August 11, 2019
- The LA Galaxy fell to D.C. United, 2-1, on the road at Audi Field Sunday evening.
- The result marked the final road contest in three-straight away matches.
- In their next match, the LA Galaxy return to Dignity Health Sports Park to host FC Dallas on Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 7:30 p.m. PT.
- Following their midweek contest, the Galaxy will remain at home to host Seattle Sounders FC on Saturday, Aug. 17.
- With the result, the Galaxy are now 12-11-1 with 37 points on the season.
- Newly-acquired forward Cristian Pavon made his LA Galaxy debut Sunday evening with the start.
- Pavon was acquired midweek on loan from Argentina's Boca Juniors via Targeted Allocation Money.
- Favio Alvarez tallied his third goal of the season Sunday evening.
- On the year, Alvarez now has 12 appearances - all starts - with three goals and two assists.
- The Galaxy are 10-1-0 this season when scoring the game's opening goal, and 2-10-0 when conceding first.
- This year on the road, the Galaxy are now 4-7-1.
- On the road, LA have tallied 11 goals while conceding 20 goals.
- For more information, visit www.lagalaxy.com.
LA Galaxy 1, D.C. United 2
Sunday, Aug. 11, 2019 - 4:30 p.m. PT
2019 MLS Regular Season
Audi Field - Washington, D.C.
DC - Paul Arriola (Assisted by Ulises Segura) 28'
LA - Favio Alvarez 48'
DC - Lucas Rodriguez 73'
DC - Quincy Amarikwa (caution) 75'
LA Galaxy: David Bingham; Rolf Feltscher (Julian Araujo 90'), Daniel Steres, Giancarlo Gonzalez, Diego Polenta; Perry Kitchen (Sebastian Lletget 78'), Jonathan dos Santos, Favio Alvarez; Uriel Antuna (Chris Pontius 84'), Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Cristian Pavón
Substitutions not used: Matt Lampson, Dave Romney, Servando Carrasco, Jorgen Skjelvik.
Head Coach: Guillermo Barros Schelotto
TOTAL SHOTS: 11; SHOTS ON GOAL: 4; FOULS: 12; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 6; SAVES: 6.
D.C. United: Bill Hamid, Jalen Robinson, Frederic Brillant, Steven Birnbaum, Joseph Mora, Leonardo Jara, Felipe, Ulises Segura, Paul Arriola, Lucas Rodriguez, Quincy Amarikwa.
Substitutions not used: Chris Seitz, Marquinhos Pedroso, Donovan Pines, Emmanuel Boateng, Luciano Acosta, Gordon Wild, Griffin Yow.
Head Coach: Ben Olsen
TOTAL SHOTS: 20; SHOTS ON GOAL: 7; FOULS: 10; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 7; SAVES: 4.
Referee: Alan Kelly
Referee's Assistants: Kathryn Nesbit and Claudiu Badea
4th Official: Luis Guardia
VAR: Geoff Gamble
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 11, 2019
- Post-Match Facts | D.C. United V. LA Galaxy - D.C. United
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, D.C. United 2 - Sunday, August 11, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Terminates Contract of Head Coach Mike Petke - Real Salt Lake
- Postgame Notes: Philadelphia Union 2-1 Houston Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- Union remain in first place in MLS' Eastern Conference after a 2-1 victory against Houston - Philadelphia Union
- Dynamo Fall 2-1 at Philadelphia Union - Houston Dynamo
- New York City FC Clipped by Atlanta United FC 2-1 - New York City FC
- Atlanta United Defeats NYCFC 2-1 - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: August 11 - August 17 - Chicago Fire
- Timbers Earn 3-1 Win over Cascadia-Rival Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Portland Timbers
- Bair nets first MLS goal, but 'Caps fall in wild Cascadia battle - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact Suffers 3-2 Loss to the Fire - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Voted MLS Player of the Week
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 7, Sporting Kansas City 2 - Sunday, September 15, 2019
- Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Breaks LA Galaxy Single-Season Scoring Record
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Colorado Rapids 2 - Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- LA Galaxy to Host Lakers Night September 15 During Match vs. Sporting Kansas City