LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Colorado Rapids 2 - Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- The LA Galaxy fell 2-1 to the Colorado Rapids Wednesday evening at Dick's Health Sporting Goods Park.
- Through 29 games played, the Galaxy are now 13-13-3 with 42 points on the season.
- The LA Galaxy are now 37-28-11 all-time against the Colorado Rapids.
- On the road vs. Colorado, LA are 13-20-11.
- On the road, LA have gone 4-9-2 in MLS play this year.
- In those road games, the Galaxy have scored 18 goals while conceding 29.
- The Galaxy are 11-1-1 this season when scoring the game's opening goal, and 2-12-1 when conceding first.
- When leading at halftime, LA are 6-2-1. They are 7-3-2 when tied at halftime.
- Defender Giancarlo Gonzalez scored his first goal of the season Wednesday night as a member of the Galaxy.
- The goal marked the second of his MLS career.
- Cristian Pavon tallied an assist on the goal, bringing his total to four assists and one goal in six appearances since joining the LA Galaxy.
- The LA Galaxy will next return to Dignity Health Sports Park for a contest on Sunday, Sept. 15 against Sporting Kansas City (7 p.m. PT; FS1, FOX Deportes).
- For more information, visit www.lagalaxy.com.
LA Galaxy 1, Colorado Rapids 2
Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2019 - 6:00 p.m. PT
2019 MLS Regular Season
Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, Colorado
CO - Cole Basset (Assisted by Jack Price) 79'
LA - Giancarlo Gonzalez (Assisted by Cristian Pavon) 82'
CO - Nicolas Mezquida (Penalty) 85'
LA - Jorgen Skjelvik (caution) 38'
LA - Daniel Steres (caution) 79'
CO - Jack Price (caution) 89'
LA - Cristian Pavon (caution) 90'+6
CO - Andre Shinyashiki (caution) 90'+6
LA Galaxy: David Bingham; Rolf Feltscher, Daniel Steres, Giancarlo Gonzalez, Jorgen Skjelvik; Joe Corona, Servando Carrasco (Efrain Alvarez 86'); Chris Pontius (Uriel Antuna 55'), Favio Alvarez (Emil Cuello 74'), Cristian Pavon; Zlatan Ibrahimovic ©.
Substitutions not used: Matt Lampson, Dave Romney, Julian Araujo, Juninho.
Head Coach: Guillermo Barros Schelotto
TOTAL SHOTS: 13; SHOTS ON GOAL: 7; FOULS: 15; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 10.
Colorado Rapids: Clint Irwin, Lalas Abubakar, Danny Wilson, Tommy Smith, Keegan Rosenberry, Kellyn Acosta, Jack Price, Cole Bassett (Axel Sjoberg 87') Sam Nicholson, Andre Shinyashiki, Nicolas Mezquida.
Substitutions not used: Andre Rawls, Sam Raben, Sebastian Anderson, Dillon Serna, Niki Jackson, Matthew Hundley.
Head Coach: Robin Fraser
TOTAL SHOTS: 19; SHOTS ON GOAL: 12; FOULS: 11; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 11; SAVES: 6.
Referee: Fotis Bazakos
Referee's Assistants: Matthew Nelson and Jeffrey Greeson
4th Official: Marcos de Oliveira
VAR: Alejandro Mariscal
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 12, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: September 12, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC and RAVE Foundation Announce Seattle's NewHolly Neighborhood as Next RAVE Field Site - Seattle Sounders FC
- By the Numbers: In the Hunt for a Six-Point Swing - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Defeats San Jose Earthquakes 1-0 - Real Salt Lake
- Colorado Rapids vs LA Galaxy Notes - September 11, 2019 - Colorado Rapids
- Quakes snap two-match winning streak - San Jose Earthquakes
- Postgame Quotes: Colorado Rapids vs LA Galaxy - September 11, 2019 - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Falls 2-0 to Dynamo on the Road - Minnesota United FC
- Dynamo Top Minnesota 2-0 Behind Pair of First-Half Goals - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Colorado Rapids 2 - Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Toronto FC (1) - New York City FC (1) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 1 Toronto FC - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Voted MLS Player of the Week
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 7, Sporting Kansas City 2 - Sunday, September 15, 2019
- Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Breaks LA Galaxy Single-Season Scoring Record
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Colorado Rapids 2 - Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- LA Galaxy to Host Lakers Night September 15 During Match vs. Sporting Kansas City