KSE Statement on Fans Returning to Ball Arena and DICK's Sporting Goods Park
To clarify a recent inaccurate publication made regarding Ball Arena not applying for a variance allowing fans to return to the venue for Colorado Avalanche hockey and Denver Nuggets basketball games this season, Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) is unable to submit this type of variance request for fans due to the fact that Denver County remains at Level Yellow on the Colorado Covid Dial, which precludes the Colorado Department of Health & Environment (CDPHE) from issuing a games with fans variance for indoor venues.Â KSE and CDPHE have had continued ongoing discussions regarding a variance request for fans at Ball Arena for this basketball and hockey season and also for fans at Dick's Sporting Goods Park for the upcoming soccer season.
The health, safety and wellness of our fans, staff and athletes remain the most critical priorities for our organization. Â We will continue to work with CDPHE and government and health authorities locally and nationally to ensure a safe return for fans to all of our venues at the right and most responsible time.
CDPHE and KSE have had a longstanding collaborative relationship throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, working closely together on site-specific variances at all of KSE venues.
Finally, KSE has also worked with CDPHE and the City of Denver on other Covid-19 community outreach initiatives, including making Ball Arena parking lots available as a COVID-19 testing site (more than 120,000 tests conducted from May - September 2020) and also offering use of Ball Arena and Dick's Sporting Goods Park parking space for any upcoming vaccination drive-in clinics.
We look forward to getting through this pandemic together as a community. We are excited about the future and bringing fans back to all of our venues for sporting events, concerts and other entertainment.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 2, 2021
- MNUFC Midfielder Hassani Dotson Called to U23 USMNT Training Camp - Minnesota United FC
- Minnesota United Opens 2021 Preseason - Minnesota United FC
- KSE Statement on Fans Returning to Ball Arena and DICK's Sporting Goods Park - Colorado Rapids
- Philadelphia Union Announce Technical Staff Changes - Philadelphia Union
- New York City FC Unveils 2021 Ã¢ÂÂBronx Blue' Primary Kit and Celebrates NYC Heroes - New York City FC
- LAFC Announces 2021 Preseason Training Camp Ahead of Club's Fourth MLS Campaign - Los Angeles FC
- New England Revolution Unveil Community Kit - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC Premier Club Membership Now Available for Sale to the General Public - Nashville SC
- Whitecaps FC Reveal 2021 Hoop Jersey - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Minnesota United Signs Forward Juan Agudelo - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Unveils the Community Kit for 2021 Season - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC Unveils Kit Inspired by World-Class New Crew Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Takeaways: Rapids Sparked by Acosta Wondergoal
- Trio of Second Half Goals Sees Rapids Complete 3-2 Comeback
- Rapids Look to Build First Winning Streak of 2021 against Visiting Loons
- Know Your Opponent: Rapids Prepare for 2020 Playoff Rematch against MNUFC
- Youth Update: Rapids Academy Finds Early Success, USL Championship Kicks off 2021 Campaign