FC Dallas Unveils the Community Kit for 2021 Season
FRISCO, TX - FC Dallas unveiled its Community Kit today in advance of the 2021 Major League Soccer regular season, which is scheduled to kick off April 17. The jersey features a unique powder blue colorway with bold blue and red details. The Community Kit honors North Texas' rich soccer past and its community of passionate FC Dallas fans across Dallas/Fort Worth.
Sprinkled throughout the front of the jersey are blue and red design elements that represent FC Dallas' colors and the Texas state flag, which also features red and blue. These elements reflect the fan support FC Dallas receives from a variety of backgrounds across North Texas.
As FC Dallas enters its 26th season in MLS, the kit also offers a nod to the team's North Texas soccer roots by featuring powder blue as the jersey's primary color. This honors the Dallas Tornado, the North American Soccer League team founded by the late Lamar Hunt, whose family owns and operates FC Dallas. It was Mr. Hunt's passion for soccer and his pioneering vision with the Dallas Tornado that helped launch soccer in Dallas/Fort Worth. The Tornado's popular logo and uniform used the light blue color as one of its key design elements.
"The kit itself is youthful, bold and clean," said FC Dallas President Dan Hunt. "From our commitment to developing Homegrown talent to being Texas' original MLS team, we're proud to be doing this in North Texas and even more proud to have fans across the metroplex support our club."
Other Community Kit design elements include:
The Texas state flag displayed on the back neckline of the jersey, signifying FC Dallas' legacy as the original MLS team of Texas.
The LH patch remains at the base of the left hem on the front of the jersey. This symbolic placement honors Lamar Hunt's legacy as a pioneer of professional soccer in the United States through his involvement locally with the Tornado and FC Dallas. He was also a driving force behind the birth of MLS.
The jersey's collar features a blue neckband highlighted by a red stripe.
FC Dallas recently announced that Frisco-based MTX Group will serve as the club's front-of-jersey partner. Their logo is displayed across the chest of the jersey in blue text.
AdvoCare will be featured on the jersey's left and right sleeves as the club's official sleeve partner.
The Community Kit will be used for the 2021 and 2022 seasons and primarily be worn for road matches. It will typically be paired with blue shorts and socks. FC Dallas will also continue to wear the Legacy Kit through the 2021 season.
FC DALLAS PLAYERS ON THE 2021 COMMUNITY KIT
"I like that it's a change from the traditional all-white kit. It's different. It stands out and the different colors represent the different personalities on our team." - Midfielder Paxton Pomykal
"The light blue is sick. I've never worn light blue in my entire career. This is completely different. Different from anything I've seen before and I love it." - Defender Eddie Munjoma
TRY ON THE NEW COMMUNITY JERSEY & WIN ONE IN 2021
FC Dallas fans can virtually try on the Community jersey by uploading a photo of themselves at https://fcdallas.mavq.ai/community.
FC Dallas' new jersey partner, MTX, will celebrate FC Dallas fans this season by giving away one Legacy jersey and one Community jersey for each home and road match during the 2021 season for a total of 34 jerseys. Details will be announced during the 2021 MLS regular season.
GEAR UP FOR 2021 AND PURCHASE THE COMMUNITY JERSEY
Fans can purchase the Community jersey beginning at 10AM CT at FCDFanShop.com, FC Dallas' MLS Store and Soccer 90.
FC Dallas kicks off its 26th MLS season this year with the 2021 season scheduled to begin April 17. Learn how to get 50% off your 2021 Community Jersey purchase with an FC Dallas Season Ticket Membership by visiting FCDMembership.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 2, 2021
- MNUFC Midfielder Hassani Dotson Called to U23 USMNT Training Camp - Minnesota United FC
- Minnesota United Opens 2021 Preseason - Minnesota United FC
- KSE Statement on Fans Returning to Ball Arena and DICK's Sporting Goods Park - Colorado Rapids
- Philadelphia Union Announce Technical Staff Changes - Philadelphia Union
- New York City FC Unveils 2021 Ã¢ÂÂBronx Blue' Primary Kit and Celebrates NYC Heroes - New York City FC
- LAFC Announces 2021 Preseason Training Camp Ahead of Club's Fourth MLS Campaign - Los Angeles FC
- New England Revolution Unveil Community Kit - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC Premier Club Membership Now Available for Sale to the General Public - Nashville SC
- Whitecaps FC Reveal 2021 Hoop Jersey - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Minnesota United Signs Forward Juan Agudelo - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Unveils the Community Kit for 2021 Season - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC Unveils Kit Inspired by World-Class New Crew Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Signs Academy Product Beni Redzic
- FC Dallas Returns to TXA 21 in 2021
- FC Dallas Signs Hungarian Winger Szabolcs Schon
- FC Dallas and Estrella Media Announce First-Ever Spanish-Language TV Broadcast Partnership
- FC Dallas and Legends Hospitality Announce 11 New Food Items for 2021 at Toyota Stadium