New England Revolution Unveil Community Kit
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -The New England Revolution have unveiled the club's Community Kit ahead of the 2021 MLS season. Inspired by the block work of American Revolution Era war forts in the New England area, the Revolution's Community Kit pays homage to The Fort - the club's dedicated supporters' sections at Gillette Stadium - and features a fort-inspired blocked white shirt with a monochromatic Revolution logo, white shorts, and sky blue socks.
The Fort, home to the Midnight Riders and the Rebellion, has been the heartbeat of Revolution home games dating back to Major League Soccer's maiden campaign in 1996. From section 2 in Foxborough Stadium to sections 141, 142, and 143 in Gillette Stadium, Revolution supporters draw immense pride from their status as MLS originals amid the league's rapid expansion.
Split branding on the sleeves and shorts, featuring a dark navy trim on one side and sky blue trim on the other, is unique to the Revolution, as is the blocked design on the shirt. The colors of the split represent the colors of the water and the sky that surround the war-era forts throughout New England. A staple of every Revolution kit, the flag of New England remains on the back neck location of the jersey, while a custom jock tag also pays tribute to the Fort's sections 141, 142, and 143. In addition, UnitedHealthcare returns for its 11th season as the club's kit sponsor.
New England will don its new secondary kit the club for the 2021 and 2022 Major League Soccer campaigns. The Community Kit is available for fans to purchase at the Patriot Place ProShop.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 2, 2021
- MNUFC Midfielder Hassani Dotson Called to U23 USMNT Training Camp - Minnesota United FC
- Minnesota United Opens 2021 Preseason - Minnesota United FC
- KSE Statement on Fans Returning to Ball Arena and DICK's Sporting Goods Park - Colorado Rapids
- Philadelphia Union Announce Technical Staff Changes - Philadelphia Union
- New York City FC Unveils 2021 Ã¢ÂÂBronx Blue' Primary Kit and Celebrates NYC Heroes - New York City FC
- LAFC Announces 2021 Preseason Training Camp Ahead of Club's Fourth MLS Campaign - Los Angeles FC
- New England Revolution Unveil Community Kit - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC Premier Club Membership Now Available for Sale to the General Public - Nashville SC
- Whitecaps FC Reveal 2021 Hoop Jersey - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Minnesota United Signs Forward Juan Agudelo - Minnesota United FC
- FC Dallas Unveils the Community Kit for 2021 Season - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC Unveils Kit Inspired by World-Class New Crew Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Conclude Preseason with 3-3 Draw vs. LAFC
- CBS Boston and New England Revolution Announce New Local Broadcast Partnership
- Revolution Defeat LA Galaxy II, 2-1, in Preseason Scrimmage
- Retro-Inspired New England Revolution Clothing Line Unveiled in Major League Soccer's Since '96 Collection
- Revolution Battle LAFC to Preseason Draw, 2-2