Korey Lee's Two-Homer Effort Leads Space Cowboys to Victory
(SUGAR LAND, Texas) - Korey Lee entered Friday night's game tied for the most home runs of Triple A players since Aug. 1.
He added two more to his total and drove in three runs as the Sugar Land Space Cowboys defeated the Albuquerque Isotopes 6-4 at Constellation Field.
Lee's 15 home runs since Aug. 1 are the most of all Triple A players and second most of all players in Minor League Baseball. His 25 home runs on the year are seventh-most in the Pacific Coast League.
The Space Cowboys and Isotopes were knotted at 4-4 until Lee's solo shot in the sixth put the Space Cowboys up for good on the night. They added another run in the eighth on a fielder's choice RBI ground ball from Pedro León.
Lee's first home run of the night was a two-run shot in the first off Albuquerque starter Logan Allen. The solo homer was a part of a four-run first, which also included a sacrifice fly from Corey Julks and RBI single from Edwin Diaz.
Brandon Bielak got the start for the Space Cowboys and allowed one run while striking out four through four innings of work. Parker Mushinski, JP France and Enoli Paredes combined to finish out the win with 4 2/3 scoreless innings in relief. Paredes picked up his team-leading 11th save of the year with a perfect ninth, collecting two strikeouts.
Carlos Perez led the Albuquerque offense, going 2-for-4 with a pair of RBI, delivering RBI singles in the first and fifth innings. Jonathan Morales had an RBI single, and Dom Nunez added a sacrifice fly in the fifth inning as well.
The Space Cowboys and Isotopes continue their six-game series at 6:05 p.m. on Saturday at Constellation Field. The Space Cowboys will be giving away 2,000 Lance McCullers Jr. throwback Astros bobbleheads to fans as they enter the ballpark. Jimmy Endersby is set to start for the Space Cowboys, with Albuquerque scheduled to start Brandon Gold.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 23, 2022
- Dodgers Drop Game, 6-2, to Chihuahuas - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Korey Lee's Two-Homer Effort Leads Space Cowboys to Victory - Sugar Land Space Cowboys
- El Paso Earns Third Straight Win Over Oklahoma City - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Doyle Collects Four Hits in 6-4 Loss to Space Cowboys - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aviators® Announce Season Awards for 2022 Campaign; Shea Langeliers Recipient of the Mayor's Trophy - Las Vegas Aviators
- Space Cowboys Game Notes vs. Albuquerque - Sugar Land Space Cowboys
- Tacoma Rainiers Game Notes: vs. Round Rock (7:05 PT) - Tacoma Rainiers
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - September 23, 2022 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- TikTok Star Randy Gonzalez to Throw out Ceremonial Pitch Friday for Space Cowboys - Sugar Land Space Cowboys
- Aces to Open Final 3-Game Homestand Monday Night, Before Heading to Pacific Coast League Championship - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Grind Express to a Halt, 10-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Falter in 6-2 Loss to Aviators - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sugar Land Space Cowboys Stories
- Sugar Land Holiday Lights 2nd Week Features Holiday T-Shirt Giveaway
- Space Cowboys Marvel-Inspired Hats on Sale Now
- Hunter Brown Named PCL Pitcher of the Year
- Halloween Town Returns to Constellation Field on October 29
- Space Cowboys Announce Home Game Times for 2023 Season