Komets' Houser Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week
Fort Wayne, IN - The ECHL named Fort Wayne's Michael Houser the CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week for the week of Dec. 11-17. It's the second weekly honor for the netminder this season and third of his ECHL career. Houser was also awarded Goaltender of the Week for the week of Oct. 6-15.
Houser, 25, was 2-0-0 for the week while registering a 2.57 goals-against average and .931 save percentage. The Youngstown, Ohio native stopped 31 of 33 shots Friday against Indy in Fort Wayne for a 5-2 win and his third straight home victory. Saturday Houser posted his sixth straight win and third straight road win 5-2 at Indy making 45 saves on 47 shots to improve to 11-5-2, a 2.84 goals-against average and .904 save percentage in 19 appearances.
Houser has registered ECHL career totals of 65-39-10, 2.59 goals-against average, .916 save percentage and five shutouts in 117 games with the Komets, Cincinnati and Manchester. Houser also has logged AHL career totals of 32-26-4, 2.88 goals-against average, .901 save percentage and three shutouts in 72 games with Cleveland, Ontario and San Antonio.
This week the Komets will skate at Quad City Wednesday at 7:35pm Fort Wayne time. The Komets will host Quad City Saturday at 7:30pm before taking a three-day Christmas break.
Happy Holidays -- After this week's games against the Mallards, the Komets will take a three-day Christmas break before resuming action at Cincinnati Wednesday, Dec. 27, in the first of three games in four days. Friday, Dec. 29 the Komets are home to Wheeling before returning to Quad City Saturday, Dec. 30. The Komets then return home for the traditional New Years Eve game on Sunday, Dec. 31 at 7:30pm.
Kids Seat Free Night -- Once again this season the Komets will feature Kids Seat Free Nights. Another Kids Seat Free Night is scheduled for this Saturday when the Quad City Mallards visit courtesy Aunt Millie's, Lutheran Health Network and the Komets. Any child under the age of 12 can see the game for free with a full-priced adult ticket purchase.
Komet Hockey on WOWO -- Most Komet games are scheduled to air on WOWO AM 1190 and FM 107.5. This Wednesday's game will be aired on WOWO, however Saturday's home game against Quad City will be broadcast on WKJG ESPN AM 1380 and FM 100.9. All radio broadcasts also stream live at Komets.com presented by OmniSource Radio Recycle. Fans are invited to follow the action as Shane Albahrani handles the play-by-play.
Get your tickets early - Tickets are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office and online at ticketmaster.com. Season Tickets also remain on sale at the Komet office at 1010 Memorial Way in Fort Wayne. For more information visit Komets.com or call 260-483-0011.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 21, 2017
- Railers Win Season High Third Straight in 1-0 Home Win over The - Worcester Railers HC
- Game Recap: Garteig Shines as Wings Grind out Divisional Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Four Straight Propels Admirals Past Solar Bears - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Shut out by Railers, 1-0 - Reading Royals
- Biggest Ugly Christmas Sweater Party this Saturday - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 20 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Norfolk Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Day: Norfolk Heads to Orlando for Third of Five Games vs. Solar Bears - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, December 20 - Manchester Monarchs
- O'Connor Reassigned to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Railers to Give Away 200 Christmas Trees at Ernie' - Worcester Railers HC
- Nailers Add Colin Murray; Wydo, Tiffels Go to AHL - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Royals Game Preview at Worcester - Reading Royals
- Homecoming Spoiled in 4-2 Loss to Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- GAME REPORT: Ladd Leads Oilers to Victory in Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - December 19 - ECHL
- Fuel Acquire Darian Dziurzynski Via Trade - Indy Fuel
- Wrap up Your Holiday Gift Shopping with the Tulsa Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards Ink Veteran Forward Grant, Trade Klotz to Jacksonville - Quad City Mallards
- Joly Called-Up to AHL's San Antonio - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Cincinnati's Schultz named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Frazee Recalled to San Antonio, Admirals Sign Pair from Roanoke - Norfolk Admirals
- Komets' Houser Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Nailers Make Three Transactions - Wheeling Nailers
- Gritty Forward Jimmy DeVito Joins Royals in Trade - Reading Royals
- Thunder Announces Two Transactions - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.