GAME REPORT: Ladd Leads Oilers to Victory in Wichita
WICHITA, KS - Two goals from Tulsa forward Garrett Ladd led the Oilers to a 4-2 victory Tuesday over the Wichita Thunder at INTRUST Bank Arena.
The Thunder opened the scoring, when Dyson Stevenson scooped up a rebound and snuck a shot past Oilers goaltender Jake Hildebrand just 4:17 into the game. Tulsa tied it up, when Charlie Sampair deflected a shot that came from the point for his team-leading 11th goal of the season. The Oilers jumped into the lead before the end of the frame, when Ladd knocked a puck into the net out of mid-air from the doorstep.
Wichita tied the game at 2-2, when Jeremy Beaudry blasted a shot through a screen from the point on the power play, but Ladd added his second goal shortly thereafter, against putting the Oilers back in the lead. Tulsa outshot Wichita 19-10 in the stanza, and held a 32-20 shots advantage through two periods.
The Oilers maintained their lead all the way to the finish, and Kale Kessy added a short-handed tally in the final minute to complete Tulsa's 4-2 win. Hildebrand stopped 24 of 26 shots for his sixth win of the season, while Thunder goaltender Shane Starrett stopped 36 of 39 in the loss.
Tulsa travels to Allen, Texas on Friday and Saturday for two 7:05pm battles against the Allen Americans at the Allen Event Center before Christmas weekend. Catch all the action on the Sports Animal (99.9FM/1550AM), ECHL.TV or www.tulsaoilers.com (Listen Live), with pregame coverage starting at 6:45pm.
-Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, or "Like" us on Facebook for more information about your Tulsa Oilers.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 21, 2017
- Railers Win Season High Third Straight in 1-0 Home Win over The - Worcester Railers HC
- Game Recap: Garteig Shines as Wings Grind out Divisional Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Four Straight Propels Admirals Past Solar Bears - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Shut out by Railers, 1-0 - Reading Royals
- Biggest Ugly Christmas Sweater Party this Saturday - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 20 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Norfolk Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Day: Norfolk Heads to Orlando for Third of Five Games vs. Solar Bears - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, December 20 - Manchester Monarchs
- O'Connor Reassigned to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Railers to Give Away 200 Christmas Trees at Ernie' - Worcester Railers HC
- Nailers Add Colin Murray; Wydo, Tiffels Go to AHL - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Royals Game Preview at Worcester - Reading Royals
- Homecoming Spoiled in 4-2 Loss to Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- GAME REPORT: Ladd Leads Oilers to Victory in Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - December 19 - ECHL
- Fuel Acquire Darian Dziurzynski Via Trade - Indy Fuel
- Wrap up Your Holiday Gift Shopping with the Tulsa Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards Ink Veteran Forward Grant, Trade Klotz to Jacksonville - Quad City Mallards
- Joly Called-Up to AHL's San Antonio - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Weekly - Norfolk Admirals
- Cincinnati's Schultz named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Frazee Recalled to San Antonio, Admirals Sign Pair from Roanoke - Norfolk Admirals
- Komets' Houser Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Nailers Make Three Transactions - Wheeling Nailers
- Gritty Forward Jimmy DeVito Joins Royals in Trade - Reading Royals
- Thunder Announces Two Transactions - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.