Komets Complete January with 5-4 Win at Wheeling
Fort Wayne, IN - The Komets finished the month of January with a 5-4 victory at Wheeling Sunday night after stumbling Friday night at Indy 5-0. The Komets improved to 22-17-3 and 47 points after 42 games. For the month, the Komets were 6-3-2 or .636 over 11 games.
The Komets completed January tied with the Indy Fuel for third place in the Central Division and have two games in hand over the Fuel.
For the week-- J.C. Campagna scored two goals and added an assist for three points. Jason Binkley had three points dishing two assists and adding a goal. Marco Roy and Anthony Petruzzelli each scored markers and Brady Shaw passed two assists. Goaltender Eric Levine earned Sunday's win making 31 saves on 35 shots.
Komet leaders-- Brady Shaw, Jake Kamrass and Justin Hodgman each lead with 39 points.....J.C. Campagna leads with 21 goals and five game winners....Hodgman leads with 27 assists and 11 power play points.....Kamrass leads with +10.....Taylor Crunk leads wth 88 penalty minutes.
Knotables-- The Komets ended a five-game winless skid with their victory on Sunday at Wheeling. The Komets are 8-1-0 when reaching five goals in a game. 30 games remain in the campaign, 17 are divisional games with five each against Kalamazoo and Wheeling, four against Cincinnati and three against Indy. After Sunday's game the Komets are 16-15-3 vs. the Central division, 16-2-2 when taking the lead into the third period and 13-4-3 in one-goal games. Jake Kamrass has a 12-game home point-streak (6g, 10a) dating back to Dec. 9 and a five-game home assist streak (7a). Kamrass has points in 14 of 16 home games. Marco Roy has a four-game home point-scoring streak (2g, 4a) and Justin Hodgman has points in four straight home games (2g, 3a).
Komet ironmen-- Anthony Petruzzelli and Ryan Lowney are the only two skaters to have appeared in all 42 Fort Wayne games thus far this season. The last time a player skated every regular season Komet game was in 2014-15 when defensemen Drew Daniels and Cody Sol each appeared in all 72 games.
This week-- Week 17 presents only one game for the Komets as Rapid City visits Saturday for a 7:30pm faceoff on Sweetwater Ice at the Memorial Coliseum. It's the fourth and final meeting of the season after the Komets claimed a three-game series at Rapid City 2-1-0 in November when both teams combined for 162 penalty minutes. The Rush will complete a six-game road tour with their visit Saturday. Rapid City skates at Kansas City Tuesday and Cincinnati Friday before making the trip to Fort Wayne Saturday.
Harry Potter Tribute Night Saturday -- The Komets will wear special wizard-themed jerseys for Harry Potter Tribute Night at their next home game this Saturday. During the game fans can bid on the game-worn jerseys in a silent auction. Fans will also have a chance to meet some of their favorite wizards before the game courtesy of TAG Art Company!
February on ice-- The Komets will skate 10 games for the month of February, six at home and four on the road. After this Saturday's home game, the Komets will log some air miles as they travel to St. John's, Newfoundland the week of Feb. 4 for three games in three nights at the Mile One Centre (6,287). The Komets face the Growlers Friday, Saturday and Sunday Feb. 8, 9 and 10. According to the ECHL mileage chart it is 2,295 miles, one way, to St. John's. And St. John's is on Newfoundland time which is one and a half hours ahead of Eastern Time. Friday, Feb. 8 and Saturday, Feb. 9 games start at 7pm St. John's time and 5:30pm Fort Wayne time. Sunday, Feb. 10 the opening faceoff is at 4pm Newfoundland time and 2:30pm Fort Wayne time.
The last road game for February is at Kalamazoo on Valentines Day, Thursday, Feb. 14 at 7:30pm. The Komets will be busy the last two weeks of the month with five home games in 10 nights starting Feb. 15 when Adirondack visits for the only meeting of the season. And then there's March with 16 games......stay tuned.
Komet Hockey Tickets-- Single game tickets for all Komet regular season home games are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office. Enjoy several discount plans designed especially for your next group, or check out Komets Flex Tickets. For more information visit Komets.com, call 260-483-0011 or see details here.
Komet Hockey on WOWO-- Fans can follow Komet hockey action with Shane Albahrani calling the play-by-play on WOWO Radio AM 1190 and FM 107.5 and streaming on the web at Komets.com courtesy OmniSource.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2019
- ECHL Transactions - January 28 - ECHL
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 16 (January 21-27, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Wings Weekly: K-Wings Look to Take Momentum on Road - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, January 28 - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Weekly Report - January 28 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel Receive Samuel Thibault in Three Team Trade - Indy Fuel
- 'Blades Weekly: Travel-Heavy Week Looms Ahead - Florida Everblades
- Three-Way Trade Brings Leavens to Atlanta and Sends Danford to Toledo - Atlanta Gladiators
- Komets Complete January with 5-4 Win at Wheeling - Fort Wayne Komets
- Thunder Weekly, January 28th - Wichita Thunder
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Hit the Road Seeking Answers - Maine Mariners
- Count 'Em Up: 3 More at Home - Toledo Walleye
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Continue Road Trip in Tulsa & Wichita - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Weekly - January 28, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Royals Weekly: Three Home Games Highlight Week vs. Division Opponents - Reading Royals
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - January 28 - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Fall to Tulsa in Overtime - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.