Knights Fall to Tides 11-4 on Sunday
(NORFOLK, VA) - The Charlotte Knights dropped the finale of their four-game series to the Norfolk Tides by a score of 11-4 on Sunday afternoon from Harbor Park in Norfolk, VA. Despite the loss, the Knights finished the six-game road trip with a .500 record (3-3).
The Knights held a 4-3 lead after seven full innings, but things quickly changed in the bottom of the eighth inning as the Tides scored eight runs to pull away for the game four victory. In the bottom of the eighth, the Tides used eight hits and two walks to put up the eight-run outburst against the Charlotte bullpen. LHP Aaron Bummer (0-1, 5.40) was charged with the loss after he allowed three runs on two hits. RHP Rob Scahill was charged with the other five runs in the eighth inning.
Offensively for the Knights, Chicago White Sox outfielders AvisaÃ-l Garcia and Leury GarcÃ-a continued their rehab assignments and recorded two hits apiece. AvisaÃ-l GarcÃ-a drove home Charlotte's first two runs of the game in the top of the second inning on a double. The Knights tacked on a run in the top of the fourth inning and again in the top of the fifth inning. Additionally for the Knights, DH Matt Skole and CF Alex Presley tallied two hits each in the game.
RHP Jordan Stephens started the game for the Knights and allowed three runs on five hits over four innings pitched. He threw 94 pitches (58 for strikes) and did not factor in the decision.
The Knights are 13-9 over their last 22 games.
The Knights will have an off day on Monday before returning home to BB&T Ballpark on Tuesday to open a six-game homestand. The Knights will welcome the Columbus Clippers to BB&T Ballpark on Tuesday for a 7:04 p.m. game. Gates will open at 6:00 p.m. and the first 2,000 fans will receive a USB Retractable Charger presented by BB&T. Pre-game radio coverage of Tuesday's game will begin at 6:50 PM on 730 The Game ESPN Charlotte. The "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad and long-time Knights broadcaster Mike Pacheco will have the call for all of the action.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 17, 2018
- Rochester Drops Series Finale in Buffalo Sunday - Rochester Red Wings
- Castro Shines as Hens Drop Series Finale - Toledo Mud Hens
- Stripers Finish Trip with 4-2 Win at Durham - Gwinnett Stripers
- Six-Run Second Inning Powers Bats to 8-3 Win - Louisville Bats
- Bulls Drop Series Finale to Stripers, 4-2 - Durham Bulls
- Knights Fall to Tides 11-4 on Sunday - Charlotte Knights
- Osuna Pops Tribe to Father's Day Win - Indianapolis Indians
- Tides Rally with Huge Eighth to beat Charlotte 11-4 - Norfolk Tides
- Wings Score 3-2 Victory on Father's Day - Buffalo Bisons
- Reynolds' Blast Lifts Chiefs over RailRiders - Syracuse Mets
- PawSox Storm Back in Ninth, Drop Finale 3-2 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Reynolds Wraps Series with Late Homer; Syracuse Wins 4-2 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs Top PawSox to Close Homestand - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 17 - Louisville Bats
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Sunday, June 17, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Behind the Mask: the Life of a Catcher - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-31) at Columbus Clippers (34-32) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Rochester (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Knights Stories
- 2019 Collegiate Baseball Series Schedule Revealed Today
- Hurricane Florence Collection Drive Set for September 26th at BB&T Ballpark
- Charlotte's Parrott Named IL Sports Turf Manager of the Year for Second Straight Season
- Knights Crowned 2018 Minor League Baseball Attendance Champions
- Knights Win 2018 Regular Season Finale 6-1