Keegan McMullen and Curtis Trolley Commit to Petes
(Peterborough, ON) - Peterborough Petes General Manager Mike Oke announced Thursday that the team has received commitments from 2018 OHL Priority Selection pick Keegan McMullen and free agent Curtis Trolley.
McMullen, a 5'11", 163lbs left winger, was selected in the 15th round, 300th overall by the Petes in the 2018 OHL Priority Selection. The 2002-born Cambridge native recorded 15 goals, 16 assists, 31 points, and 34 penalty minutes in 54 games with the Timmins Rock of the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League last season.
"It's an honour to sign with the Petes," commented McMullen. "It's been a dream of mine since I was young to play in the OHL."
Trolley, a 5'11", 160lbs 2001-born centre, attended 2019 Petes Training Camp as a free agent. A Peterborough native, he registered 10 goals, 15 assists, 25 points, and 93 penalty minutes with the Ontario Junior Hockey League's Lindsay Muskies last season. Trolley was originally selected in the 12th round, 240th overall from the Peterborough Minor Midget AAA Petes by the Erie Otters in the 2017 OHL Priority Selection.
"Being from Peterborough and having grown up watching the Petes play, it's an incredible feeling to be able to officially wear the maroon and white," added Trolley.
"Both Curtis and Keegan worked hard over the summer to prepare for training camp, and we were impressed with their play over the course of the week," expressed Oke. "We're excited that both players have chosen to join the Petes and commited to playing in the Ontario Hockey League."
Additionally, the following players have been reassigned:
- Will Everson, Left Wing, Peterborough Major Midget AAA Petes
- Chase MacIntyre, Defence, Soo Junior 'A' Thunderbirds
- Tucker Robertson, Right Wing, St. Michael's Junior 'A' Buzzers
Petes Pre-Season presented by CIBC Wood Gundy Peterborough kicks with three games as part of the OHL's Pre-Season Showcase in Kitchener on Friday, August 30 through Sunday, September 1.
Single game regular season tickets will go on sale on Friday, September 6 at 9:30am at the PMC Baker Tilly Box office in person, by phone at (705) 743-3561, or online. To view the Petes' full schedule, click here.
Flex pack holders can redeem their vouchers for regular season games beginning August 30 at 9:30 am. Season tickets are available starting at just $270. For more information about season tickets and flex packages for the 2019-20 Petes season, contact Mike at (705) 743-3681 x 263 or by email.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from August 29, 2019
- 67's Edge Olympiques 1-0 to Open Pre-Season with a Win - Ottawa 67's
- White Rides Big Second to Win over Blue - Windsor Spitfires
- Trimmed Troops Trek to Tourney - North Bay Battalion
- Frontenacs Sign Vitali Pinchuk to Standard Player Agreement - Kingston Frontenacs
- Seven Rangers to Take Part in NHL Camps - Kitchener Rangers
- Keegan McMullen and Curtis Trolley Commit to Petes - Peterborough Petes
- Generals Sign Three Players to OHL Standard Player Agreements - Oshawa Generals
- Knights Sign Priority Selections - London Knights
- Tye McSorley, David Jesus and Riley Pitt Commit to Generals - Oshawa Generals
- Spirit Receive Commitments from Bulovs, Mancini - Saginaw Spirit
- Training Camp Summary - Barrie Colts
- Training Camp Recap - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Peterborough Petes Recognize Mike Lain as this Week's Local Minor Hockey Volunteer
- Minnesota Wild Prospect Hunter Jones Headlines Week Five of Thursday Night Live
- Emterra Environmental Partners with the Peterborough Petes to Introduce the Emterra Clean Community Cup
- Free Petes Not-So-Scary Halloween Event Brings Halloween to Peterborough on October 31
- Hall of Fame Inductee Larry Murphy to Headline Week Three of Thursday Night Live