Knights Sign Priority Selections
The London Knights are pleased to announce that the team has signed two players selected during the 2019 OHL Priority Selection. Ty Anselmini and Connor Federkow were both selected in the third round of the 2019 OHL Priority Selection, 47th and 53rd respectively. Both players have agreed to OHL Standard Players Agreements with the Knights.
"We are pleased to officially welcome Ty and Connor to our organization," said London Knights General Manager, Mark Hunter. "Both young players impressed us this past season and we were very happy to have selected them during the Priority Selection in April. We look forward to continuing to watch their development."
Anselmini, a native of Guelph, Ontario, played for the Guelph Jr. Gryphons. The 2003 born forward led the South Central Triple A Minor Midget league with 51 points last season.
"We have had success selecting players from the SCTA before with both Luke Evangelista and Evan Bouchard coming out of that league and Ty should prove to be another strong selection," continued Hunter. "He is a well-rounded player that can both score and pass the puck. We look forward to having him apart of our organization."
A native of St. Catharines, Ontario, Connor Federkow is a left-handed defenseman that played last season with the Niagara North Stars Minor Midget and Midget teams in the SCTA. He registered two goals and eight assists across 31 games played at the Minor Midget level last season, also appearing in four games at the Midget level. He recently attended the Canada National Under-17 Development Camp in Calgary with three additional Knights prospects.
"Connor is an exciting young player and we were very impressed with his play during this past season," further elaborated Hunter. "He is a physically presence on the ice despite his smaller size. He is a smart defender and we were happy to see him attend the National Under-17 Development Camp this summer. He should continue to develop into a strong defenseman at the junior level."
Born: July 11, 2003 - Guelph, ON
Height - 5.09.25 Weight - 175lbs
Season Team League GP G A PTS
2018-19 Guelph Jr. Gryphons MMAAA SCTA 31 22 29 51
Born: July 26, 2003 - St. Catharines, ON
Height - 5.09 Weight - 150lbs
Season Team League GP G A PTS
2018-19 Niagara North Stars MMAAA SCTA 31 2 8 10
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from August 29, 2019
- 67's Edge Olympiques 1-0 to Open Pre-Season with a Win - Ottawa 67's
- White Rides Big Second to Win over Blue - Windsor Spitfires
- Trimmed Troops Trek to Tourney - North Bay Battalion
- Frontenacs Sign Vitali Pinchuk to Standard Player Agreement - Kingston Frontenacs
- Seven Rangers to Take Part in NHL Camps - Kitchener Rangers
- Keegan McMullen and Curtis Trolley Commit to Petes - Peterborough Petes
- Generals Sign Three Players to OHL Standard Player Agreements - Oshawa Generals
- Knights Sign Priority Selections - London Knights
- Tye McSorley, David Jesus and Riley Pitt Commit to Generals - Oshawa Generals
- Spirit Receive Commitments from Bulovs, Mancini - Saginaw Spirit
- Training Camp Summary - Barrie Colts
- Training Camp Recap - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.