Generals Sign Three Players to OHL Standard Player Agreements
Oshawa, ON - The Oshawa Generals announced today that forward Tye McSorley and defencemen David Jesus and Riley Pitt have committed to Ontario Hockey League standard player agreements with the Hockey Club.
McSorley, a Brampton, ON native, was the Generals 11th round selection in the 2017 OHL Priority Selection. The 6'0, 198-pound forward played for the Mississauga Chargers of the OJHL where is suited up in 53 games totalling nine points and 140 penalty minutes.
Jesus, a Toronto, ON native, was the Generals 12th round selection in the 2018 OHL Priority Selection. Last season he also played for the Mississauga Chargers of the OJHL seeing action in 14 games, recording a total of five points.
Pitt, a Wasaga Beach, ON native, was the Generals 7th round selection in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection. He played his minor hockey career with the North Central Predators, where in his minor midget season played in 33 games recording 11 points.
Generals begin their preseason action this weekend as the team travels to Kingston, Friday, August 30th and to Mississauga, Saturday, August 21st.
The Generals will play a total of four exhibition games to start the 2019-2020 season. Two of these games are considered home games and will take place in other cities within Durham Region as the Gens bring their hockey talent to the community. Tickets for the exhibition games can be purchased at the Tribute Communities Centre Box Office for $10/$15 depending on location (cash only).
Saturday, September 14th vs. Kingston Frontenacs at 7:00pm - Garnet B. Rickard Arena Bowmanville
Sunday, September 15th vs. Mississauga Steelheads at 6:05pm - Pickering Recreation Complex
The Generals open the 2019-20 season on the road Friday, September 20th against the Kingston Frontenacs. The first time the Generals will be at home this season for our Ontario Motor Sales Home Opener will be Sunday, September 29th when the Kingston Frontenacs come to town. Ahead of the Home Opener the Generals will be hosting a street fest from 1PM-6PM on Athol Street in front of the Tribute Communities Centre. Free and open to the public to attend as we celebrate the beginning of the hockey season.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from August 29, 2019
- 67's Edge Olympiques 1-0 to Open Pre-Season with a Win - Ottawa 67's
- White Rides Big Second to Win over Blue - Windsor Spitfires
- Trimmed Troops Trek to Tourney - North Bay Battalion
- Frontenacs Sign Vitali Pinchuk to Standard Player Agreement - Kingston Frontenacs
- Seven Rangers to Take Part in NHL Camps - Kitchener Rangers
- Keegan McMullen and Curtis Trolley Commit to Petes - Peterborough Petes
- Generals Sign Three Players to OHL Standard Player Agreements - Oshawa Generals
- Knights Sign Priority Selections - London Knights
- Tye McSorley, David Jesus and Riley Pitt Commit to Generals - Oshawa Generals
- Spirit Receive Commitments from Bulovs, Mancini - Saginaw Spirit
- Training Camp Summary - Barrie Colts
- Training Camp Recap - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oshawa Generals Stories
- Kia CHL Top-10 Spotlight: Generals Going for Glory
- Tyler Tullio Selected 126 Overall by the Edmonton Oilers
- Tyler Tullio Finds Unique Ways to Stay Busy During Unique Off-Season
- Oliver Suni Getting Stronger from Kempele, Finland
- New Forward Hayden Fowler Is No Stranger to the Oshawa Generals