Training Camp Summary
The Barrie Colts began training camp on Tuesday. The players started with fitness testing at Mind to Muscle. Everyone was tested in agility, power, explosiveness, and strength tests such as push-ups and pull-ups. Four ice sessions followed that, beginning with a goalie practice and then each of the three individual teams hit the ice for their practices.
On Wednesday, six games were played, with each team having four games throughout the day. Former Colt and current Detroit Red Wing, Andreas Athanasiou joined in during the scrimmages and mentored the younger players throughout the camp.
Cuts were made Wednesday night as the Colts narrowed the roster down to accommodate two teams in preparation for the annual Blue vs. White game which takes place tonight at 7pm.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from August 29, 2019
- 67's Edge Olympiques 1-0 to Open Pre-Season with a Win - Ottawa 67's
- White Rides Big Second to Win over Blue - Windsor Spitfires
- Trimmed Troops Trek to Tourney - North Bay Battalion
- Frontenacs Sign Vitali Pinchuk to Standard Player Agreement - Kingston Frontenacs
- Seven Rangers to Take Part in NHL Camps - Kitchener Rangers
- Keegan McMullen and Curtis Trolley Commit to Petes - Peterborough Petes
- Generals Sign Three Players to OHL Standard Player Agreements - Oshawa Generals
- Knights Sign Priority Selections - London Knights
- Tye McSorley, David Jesus and Riley Pitt Commit to Generals - Oshawa Generals
- Spirit Receive Commitments from Bulovs, Mancini - Saginaw Spirit
- Training Camp Summary - Barrie Colts
- Training Camp Recap - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.