Kastelic Leads Offensive Charge in 8-1 Win
Calgary, AB - Ottawa Senators prospect Mark Kastelic scored a career-high four goals and added an assist to power the Calgary Hitmen past the Regina Pats 8-1 on Wednesday night at Scotiabank Saddledome.
Calgary scored early and often, getting on the board on Kastelic's first of the night 10 seconds into the opening frame, jumping out to a 4-0 lead before the period was 10 minutes old.
Kyle Olson also turned in a memorable performance for the home side netting a pair of goals and adding two assists for his first points with the Hitmen. Carson Focht (2g, 1a) and Luke Prokop (3a) added three points each for Calgary while Riley Stotts and Orca Wiesblatt both chipped in a pair of assists.
Cole Dubinsky provided the lone goal for the Pats who were outshot 38-14. Goaltender Brayden Peters picked up the win making 13 saves while Danton Belluk and Donovan Buskey combined to make 30 stops for Regina.
The victory helped the Hitmen sweep the season series 4-0 while outscoring their Eastern Conference rivals by a combined 21-8.
Calgary, 29-18-4-1, will now embark on a five-game B.C. Division road trip that opens on Saturday, Feb. 15 in Prince George. The swing will also take them to Kelowna (Feb. 17), Victoria (Feb. 19), Vancouver (Feb. 21) and Kamloops (Feb. 22).
The Hitmen won't return to the 'Dome until Thursday, Feb. 27 to host Winnipeg in the TELUS BE BRAVE #EndBullying Game. Game time is 11:00 a.m. for the educational event that will see more than 12,000 students in attendance learn about acceptance and bullying prevention.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2020
- Cameco Family Day Skate Monday - Saskatoon Blades
- WHL Reduces Suspension for Silvertips' Dawson Butt - WHL
- Wheat Kings Will Face Blades for Second Time in Three Nights - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Swift Current Broncos to Host Mental Health Awareness Game in Partnership with CMHA Swift Current - Swift Current Broncos
- Red Deer Rebels to Select First in 2020 WHL U.S. Prospects Draft - WHL
- Silvertips Recall Forwards Torzsok, Hunchak - Everett Silvertips
- McDonald's Night this Saturday - Prince George Cougars
- Preview: Broncos Head North Looking to End Slide - Swift Current Broncos
- Rebels Falter in Third Period Once Again, Fall 4-1 to Giants - Red Deer Rebels
- Rockets blast past Americans - Kelowna Rockets
- Americans Fall on the Road to Rockets - Tri-City Americans
- Giants Defeat Rebels 4-1 to Earn Seventh Straight Victory - Vancouver Giants
- Streak Reaches Six as Spokane Sinks Moose Jaw in OT - Spokane Chiefs
- Gould Outstanding in Narrow Overtime Loss in Spokane - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Wheat Kings Down Blades 3-1 - Brandon Wheat Kings
- ICE Make It Three in a Row - Winnipeg Ice
- Kastelic Leads Offensive Charge in 8-1 Win - Calgary Hitmen
- Broncos Show Flashes in Loss to ICE - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats Suffer Blowout Loss - Regina Pats
- Blades Outworked in First Game of Home & Home with Brandon - Saskatoon Blades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.