Justin Miller to Rehab with Frisco
FRISCO, TEXAS (MAY 17, 2013) - Rangers right-handed pitcher Justin Miller will begin a Major League rehabilitation assignment today with the Frisco RoughRiders. Miller is currently on Texas' 60-day disabled list after undergoing surgery to repair a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow in 2012.
Miller last pitched in 2011 with the RoughRiders, going 9-1 with a 1.81 ERA and 13 saves in 48 relief appearances. He was named the 2011 Rangers Minor League Reliever of the Year and was added to the Rangers' 40-man roster following the season. He made three appearances for the big league club in spring training in 2012 before suffering the injury. The Rangers released Miller in April and then re-signed him to a minor league contract one week later. He was placed back on the 40-man roster this past October.
The Rangers originally drafted Miller out of Fresno State University in the 16th round in 2008. Since becoming a professional, he has appeared in 118 games (all as a reliever) and owns a 14-6 record with a 2.84 ERA (53 ER/167.2 IP), 190 strikeouts and 74 walks.
Frisco's roster remains at 25 active players, one below the Texas League limit.
The RoughRiders begin a series with the San Antonio Missions tonight at 7:00 p.m. at Dr Pepper Ballpark. For tickets to any RoughRiders game, fans can go to www.RidersBaseball.com or call the RoughRiders at (972) 731-9200. Tickets are also available for purchase at the Dr Pepper Ballpark box office, which is open 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Monday - Friday and 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from May 17, 2013
- Gustafson Outstanding in 5-2 Win for Drillers - Tulsa Drillers
- Frisco Takes Control Early to Beat Missions 12-1 - Frisco RoughRiders
- Tulsa Rolls Past Naturals for Victory - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Justin Miller to Rehab with Frisco - Frisco RoughRiders
- Astros Name Reid Ryan President of Business Operations - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Ryan: Long-Term Stability, Success Assured - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Series Preview: Naturals Resume Rivalry with Drillers - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Missions Split Series with 6-2 Win - San Antonio Missions
- Homestand Highlights: May 18-May 20 - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- RockHounds Fall in 9th - Midland RockHounds
- Sams Secures Series Split - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Drillers Win in 15 Innings to End Skid - Tulsa Drillers
- Drillers Get by Cardinals in 15 Innings, 2-1 - Springfield Cardinals
- Ninth Inning Walkoff Ends 'Riders' Skid - Frisco RoughRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.