Joliet Sweeps Past Boomers
JOLIET, IL - The Schaumburg Boomers, presented by Wintrust Community Banks, were swept in a weekend series by the Joliet Slammers with an 8-2 loss on Sunday afternoon.
Short-handed, the Boomers grabbed a 2-0 lead in the top of the first inning. Jack Parenty walked to lead off the game and came around to score on a two-run homer from Clint Hardy, his sixth of the year. Joliet pulled within a run with a two-out tally in the bottom of the inning and went on to add unearned runs in the second and third. The Slammers scored in five different frames to secure the win.
Aurora, Ill. native Matt Miller suffered the loss, allowing just one earned run in four innings of work. Jumpei Akanuma and Erik Martinez each worked two innings. The Boomers were held to just three hits a day after notching just five. Nick Oddo doubled and reached base twice while Connor Oliver and Jimmy Galusky also reached twice. Starting pitcher Connor Reed made an appearance in the outfield and walked in his only at bat.
The Boomers (38-34) return home on Tuesday night to open a three-game series with the West Division leading Florence Freedom at 6:30 p.m. LHP Gunnar Kines (6-4, 2.73) takes the mound on a $1 hot dog night. Visit boomersbaseball.com for tickets and information or call 847-461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 4, 2019
- Barrett Dazzles, But Grizzlies Fall in Extras - Gateway Grizzlies
- ThunderBolts Beat Grizzlies on Alamo's Walk-Off - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Pitching Staff Solid in Shutout Loss at the Hands of the Freedom - Washington Wild Things
- Miners Rally Late to Sweep Otters - Southern Illinois Miners
- Otters Fall in Extras, Swept by Miners - Evansville Otters
- Bats Push Slammers Past Boomers; Win 8-2 - Joliet Slammers
- Joliet Sweeps Past Boomers - Schaumburg Boomers
- No Sweep on Sunday - Lake Erie Crushers
- Rascals Shutout in Finale - River City Rascals
- Freedom Split Double Dip with Wild Things - Florence Freedom
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.