Jarrett Smith released
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have announced that running back Jarrett Smith failed the pre-training camp medical, and has been released. Smith underwent successful off-season knee surgery, and a full recovery is expected, but, at this time, he has been deemed medically not ready to start the season.
Smith played six seasons in Hamilton, starting in 1998. He was a member of the 1999 Grey Cup winning team.
In his CFL career, in regular season games, Smith rushed 130 times for 586 yards, caught 23 passes for 204 yards, and also contributed on special teams, with 13 kickoff returns for 215 yards. Overall, he had seven touchdowns.
A reminder, that Tiger-Cat training camp starts Sunday, May 23 at McMaster University in Hamilton. The training camp schedule and reports are available at www.ticats.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 21, 2004
- Stamps sign a trio of receivers - Calgary Stampeders
- Stamps sign running back - Calgary Stampeders
- Stampeders sign a pair of quarterbacks - Calgary Stampeders
- Stampeders announce guest coaches - Calgary Stampeders
- Stampeder Season Tickets 21,605! - Calgary Stampeders
- Henry Retires - Calgary Stampeders
- Training camp weekend schedule - Calgary Stampeders
- Rookie camp report Day Two - Montreal Alouettes
- Bombers sign Thaddeus Lewis - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Rider season tickets ready for pickup - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Kirk and Heffernan sign - Ottawa Renegades
- Jarrett Smith released - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Esks' All-Star Beaton announces retirement - EE Football Team
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Ticats Unveil 108th Grey Cup & 2021 Grey Cup Festival Brands
- Tiger-Cats 2021 Schedule Announced
- Thirteen Current and Former Ticats Named to CFL's All-Decade Team
- Ticats Announce Plans for Grey Cup Unite Week, Including Unveil of 2021 Grey Cup & Grey Cup Festival Brands on Tsn
- Tiger-Cats Mourn the Loss of Former Owner and Iconic Hamiltonian David Braley