Jacks Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes close out their regular season this week with three games while looking to hold on to fifth place in the Central Hockey League's Berry Conference.
Last week's record: 3-0-1
Season overall: 29-27-7
Tuesday vs. Arizona, 5-4 (OT) Overtime Loss
Patrick Shafer scored the winning goal for Arizona, after Odessa's Todd Robinson had forced overtime with a power play goal midway through the third period to make it 4-4. Levente Szuper stopped 37 shots for Arizona.
Thursday at Rio Grande Valley, 5-2 Win
Sebastien Thinel hit the century mark on the season with a three-point game. Todd Robinson also added three assists and Mike Lesperance scored twice.
Friday vs. Rio Grande Valley, 6-2 Win
Sebastien Thinel and Mark Ehl each finished with two goals and an assist for the Jacks, who opened up a 6-0 lead in the game. Mike Mole made 31 saves for Odessa.
Saturday vs. Tulsa, 3-2 (OT) Overtime Loss
Mike Ramsay scored the overtime winner. Kevin Seibel netted both of Odessa's goals in regulation. Despite the loss, Tulsa picked up a crucial point in the standings to lock up home-ice advantage in the opening round of the playoffs.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Tuesday at Rio Grande Valley, 7:00 PM CST
The Jacks and Bees wrap up their season series as the Jacks are 7-1-1 against the Bees this season. Rio Grande Valley is trying to hold off Laredo for the last available playoff spot in the conference.
Friday at Bossier-Shreveport, 7:05 PM CST
Saturday vs. Bossier-Shreveport, 7:05 PM CST
The Jackalopes and Mudbugs meet for the season's final weekend, and for the first time since December 4th - when the Bugs beat the Jacks, 4-1, in the Permian Basin. Bossier-Shreveport is in a race for the second spot in the conference with Texas and Tulsa.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Sebastien Thinel (105) and Todd Robinson (95) are currently first and second in the CHL in overall scoring.Mike Lesperance scored his 100th career point on Friday vs. Rio Grande Valley.Mike Ramsay's 33 goals this year are a new career high.Mike Mole was 2-0-0 this past week with a 2.00 GAA and a .946 SV%.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2011
- Colorado's Kevin Ulanski Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - Colorado Eagles
- Shots from the Point for March 21, 2011 - CHL
- Sundogs Ink Veteran Goaltender Scott Reid - Arizona Sundogs
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Oakley CHL Player of the Week Announced - CHL
- RiverKings Playoff Ticket Information Released - Mississippi RiverKings
- Komets Skate to the Finish this Week; Playoff Tickets Go on Sale Thursday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mavericks' Goaltender Robby Nolan Named to All-CHL Team - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thinel Named to All-CHL Team - Odessa Jackalopes
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- D-Man Darcy Campbell Named All-CHL - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Andrew Martens Named to All-CHL Team - Wichita Thunder
- CHL Announces 2010-2011 All-CHL Team - CHL
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Regular Season Wraps Up - Tulsa Oilers
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Dayton Gems Weekend Review - Dayton Gems
- PrairieThunder this Week - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Jacks Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Thunder Has Another Winning Week - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.