Jacks Fall Hard at Allen, 6-2
ALLEN, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes lost their second straight game on Sunday by a 6-2 final to the Allen Americans. Mike Ramsay tallied a goal in the contest for Odessa to extend his point streak to 11 games, the longest of the season by an Odessa player.
The Jackalopes trailed 5-0 entering the third period, but tried to make a game out of things with early goals by Ramsay and Luke Stauffacher. For Stauffacher, it was his second goal in only three games since signing with Odessa last week.
Bruce Graham added a power play goal with six minutes to play in the final period to close the game's scoring as part of a two-goal night.
Allen opened up a 2-0 lead in period one with goals from David Nimmo and Nino Musitelli.
Nimmo scored again as part of a three-goal second period for Allen. Graham and Dave Bonk also scored.
Chris Whitley made 34 saves for Allen in the winning effort. David McKee was 30 of 35 through two periods of play for Odessa. Mike Mole played the third and made 13 stops.
Sebastien Thinel's 10-game point streak came to an end in the loss for the Jackalopes.
The Jackalopes and Americans finish up their home-and-home series on Tuesday in West Texas. Game time is set for 7:05 PM. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 6, 2011
- Brahmas Offense Shuts Down in 6-0 Loss - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mallards Clinch Playoff Berth - Quad City Mallards
- Milam, DeCaro Star as Bugs Crush Brahmas - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Gems Win Third Straight with 6-2 Win Over Missouri - Dayton Gems
- Mavericks Fall to Gems, 6-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Clinches Playoff Berth - Wichita Thunder
- PrairieThunder Drops 5-2 Contest to Quad City on Sunday Afternoon - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Mallards Power Past Bloomington 5-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Jacks Fall Hard at Allen, 6-2 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Americans Roll Over Jackalopes, 6-2 in Allen - Allen Americans
- Sundogs Chase Pechurskiy, Deal RiverKings 7-4 Loss - Arizona Sundogs