ODESSA, TX - With seven games remaining in the regular season the Odessa Jackalopes are six points away from clinching a playoff spot, and continue to jump back-and-forth with Mississippi for fifth place in the Central Hockey League's Berry Conference.
Last week's record: 2-1-0
Overall record: 26-27-6
Tuesday vs. Allen, 5-2 Win
Five different players scored for the Jacks while Todd Robinson and Kevin Seibel each tallied two-point nights for the win. Mike Mole stopped 33 shots for Odessa in net.
Friday vs. Bloomington, 4-1 Win
Three power play goals for the Jackalopes was the difference in the game as Sebastien Thinel, Alex Dunn, and Mike Ramsay each scored. Mike Mole had another strong performance with 30 saves on the night.
Saturday vs. Bloomington, 5-3 Loss
The Jackalopes tried to force a comeback, but Marco Emond's 38 saves for the PrairieThunder was too much. Ryan McLeod also scored a hat trick for Bloomington.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Tuesday vs. Arizona, 7:05 PM CST
Two crucial points are on the line as Odessa is just one point ahead of Arizona in the standings. Odessa is 4-2-1 against Arizona this season, but four of those seven meetings have been decided after regulation.
Thursday at Rio Grande Valley, 7:00 PM CST
Friday vs. Rio Grande Valley, 7:05 PM CST
The Killer Bees are holding on to the last playoff spot by just two points. Odessa is 5-1-1 against Rio Grande Valley this season.
Saturday vs. Tulsa, 7:05 PM CST
Tulsa has already locked up a playoff spot, but is only two points back of third place in the Berry Conference. Odessa is 1-1-1 against the Oilers this season - both of the Jacks' losses have been by a goal.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Sebastien Thinel is on a team-high 14-game point streak. Todd Robinson is on a 10-game point streak.Mike Ramsay's 13-game point streak cam to an end on Saturday vs. Bloomington.Thinel is two points away from breaking his franchise record for points in a single season (97).
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 14, 2011
- Shots from the Point for March 14, 2011 - CHL
- Mavericks Unveil Playoff Logo, Ask Fans to Join Orange Army - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Rutherford Wins Player of the Week Award - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Playoff Tickets Now On Sale - Tulsa Oilers
- Bossier-Shreveport's David Rutherford Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Komets Clinch 51st Playoff Appearance - Fort Wayne Komets
- Dayton Gems Weekend Review - Dayton Gems
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Road Swing Continues For Playoff Bound Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Thunder Wins Three of Four - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks' Playoff Launch Party Cancelled - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bucks Congratulate Grenville - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Jackalopes Weekly - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.