Jackalopes Weekly Update
(Odessa, TX) - The Odessa Jackalopes picked up seven of a possible eight points last week and are two points away in the standings from clinching the CHL's Governor's Cup Trophy for the best regular season record.
Last week: 3-0-1
Season Overall: 45-11-5
Tuesday vs. Rapid City, 3-0 Win
Joel Martin pitched his second shutout of the season as the Jackalopes picked up their first win of the season in three tries against Rapid City. It was the first-ever meeting between the two teams in the Ector County Coliseum.
Friday at Missouri, 4-3 (SO) Win
Jeff Pierce scored the shootout winner in round six, and Joel Martin made the key save as the Jacks beat Missouri on Friday. Pierce finished with two goals in the game.
Saturday at Missouri, 4-3 (SO) Overtime Loss
Despite losing in a four-round shootout the Odessa Jackalopes picked up a point in the standings and clinched the top seed in the Southern Conference for the CHL Playoffs.
Sunday at Amarillo, 2-1 Win
Collin Circelli scored a pair of goals and Joel Martin stopped 24 shots as Odessa finished the season going 9-2-0 against Amarillo.
-- Upcoming Games --
Wednesday at Laredo, 7:00 PM
Friday vs. Laredo, 7:05 PM
It's a home-and-home series between Odessa and Laredo in their final two meetings of the season. Laredo is currently third in the Southern Conference, just three points ahead of the Texas Brahmas.
Saturday vs. Rapid City, 7:05 PM
Rapid City is just one point ahead of the Colorado Eagles for the top spot in the Northern Conference. Odessa is 1-2-0 against the Rush this season. Rapid City is still in hunt for the Governor's Cup Trophy.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is in the middle of their 13th season in the Permian Basin. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2010
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- CPL, Killer Bees Taking Hockey To The Streets Of The Valley - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mavericks Playoff Tickets To Game One On Sale Tuesday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly Notes - Allen Americans
- Playoff Tickets On Sale Friday, 10 a.m. - Colorado Eagles
- Circelli Named CHL's Player of the Week - Odessa Jackalopes
- Colorado Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- Go Green Week Continues Tomorrow vs. Mississippi - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks' Pelletier Named Goaltender of the Week - Laredo Bucks
- Oakley CHL Player/Goaltender of the Week Announced - CHL
- Mudbugs Weekly Release for Monday, March 15 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- City, LEC, Bucks to Make Major Announcement Wednesday - Laredo Bucks
- Justin Quenneville Named CHL Man Of The Year - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Sundogs Notes: March 15, 2010 - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks Home Twice This Week In Search of Third Seed - Laredo Bucks
- Justin Quenneville Named CHL Man of the Year - CHL
- Oilers Weekly - Tulsa Oilers
- Jacks Set for "Shriners Weekend" March 19th and 20th - Odessa Jackalopes
- Thunder Finishes Home Schedule - Wichita Thunder
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- RiverKings Weekly Update - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.