Circelli Named CHL's Player of the Week
(League Release) - The Central Hockey League announced today that the recipient for the Oakley Central Hockey League Player of the Week for the period ending March 14, 2010 is forward Collin Circelli of the Odessa Jackalopes.
Circelli registered two points in all four Jackalopes games last week helping the team to a 3-0-1 record. He finished with four goals and four assists and was a +7. Two of the Oshawa, Ontario native's goals served as game winning goals. He started the week with two goals in the Jacks 3-0 shutout win over Northern Conference leading Rapid City and ended the week with the only two goals in Odessa's 2-1 win at Amarillo on Sunday. On the season, Circelli is third in the CHL with 35 goals and ranks just outside the league's top 10 with 68 points (35-33=68).
In recognition of his achievements Circelli will receive a special gift from Oakley.
Oakley CHL Player of the Week Collin Circelli, Odessa Jackalopes Position: F (Weekly Totals) Games Played: 4 Goals: 4 Assists: 4 Points: 8 Plus/Minus: +7 Game Winning Goals: 2
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is in the middle of their 13th season in the Permian Basin. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
Follow the Jackalopes all year long on Facebook and Twitter -- Twitter.com/ODEJackalopes.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2010
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- CPL, Killer Bees Taking Hockey To The Streets Of The Valley - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mavericks Playoff Tickets To Game One On Sale Tuesday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly Notes - Allen Americans
- Playoff Tickets On Sale Friday, 10 a.m. - Colorado Eagles
- Circelli Named CHL's Player of the Week - Odessa Jackalopes
- Colorado Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- Go Green Week Continues Tomorrow vs. Mississippi - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks' Pelletier Named Goaltender of the Week - Laredo Bucks
- Oakley CHL Player/Goaltender of the Week Announced - CHL
- Mudbugs Weekly Release for Monday, March 15 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- City, LEC, Bucks to Make Major Announcement Wednesday - Laredo Bucks
- Justin Quenneville Named CHL Man Of The Year - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Sundogs Notes: March 15, 2010 - Arizona Sundogs
- Bucks Home Twice This Week In Search of Third Seed - Laredo Bucks
- Justin Quenneville Named CHL Man of the Year - CHL
- Oilers Weekly - Tulsa Oilers
- Jacks Set for "Shriners Weekend" March 19th and 20th - Odessa Jackalopes
- Thunder Finishes Home Schedule - Wichita Thunder
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- RiverKings Weekly Update - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.