Iowa Wolves Announce Multi-Year Lease Extension at Wells Fargo Arena
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves, the NBA G League affiliate of the Minnesota Timberwolves, have agreed to a multi-year lease extension with Polk County and OVG360, operators of Wells Fargo Arena, the Wolves announced today.
"The Iowa Wolves and Minnesota Timberwolves are excited to announce our lease extension at Wells Fargo Arena with tremendous partners in Polk County and OVG360," said Drew Van Meeteren, Iowa Wolves President of Business Operations. "Our coaches and players love playing at Wells Fargo Arena as it is undoubtedly one of the best home court advantages in the G League with an incredible environment for our fans and partners alike. It is truly a one-of-kind experience to see the amazing talent across the NBA G League."
Professional basketball has been played in Downtown Des Moines since 2006 when the Iowa Energy debuted at Wells Fargo Arena. Rebranded the Iowa Wolves after being purchased by the Minnesota Timberwolves prior to the 2017-18 season, Iowa is one of 29 G League teams affiliated with an NBA franchise.
"Since 2017 Des Moines and Wells Fargo Arena have been integral partners with our Iowa Wolves organization," said Ryan Tanke, Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Chief Operating Officer. "Our incredible fans have helped build great momentum as witnessed last season by breaking the franchise attendance record which led the organization to be recognized by the NBA G League with multiple end-of-season awards and honors."
"When Polk County opened Wells Fargo Arena in 2005, long-term relationships like the one with the Iowa Wolves were exactly what we had in mind," said Tom Hockensmith, Chair of the Polk County Board of Supervisors. "We're excited for this new multi-year commitment between Polk County, OVG360 and the Iowa Wolves. We look forward to the basketball season starting and, because of this agreement, for the next several seasons ahead."
"The excitement for the Iowa Wolves continues to grow throughout central Iowa, which is a credit to the great work the organization is doing in the community," said OVG's Chris Connolly, General Manager of Wells Fargo Arena. "We're proud that they will continue to call Wells Fargo Arena home."
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 29, 2023
- Skyhawks Set New Defensive Record In Win Against Swarm - College Park Skyhawks
- Delaware Gets Through Nets, 119-104 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Knicks Drop Maine Celtics in Westchester - Maine Celtics
- Heat Ratio Sports Launches "The Blue Coats Beat" - Delaware Blue Coats
- Hustle Lose to Spurs 130-101 - Memphis Hustle
- Iowa Wolves Announce Multi-Year Lease Extension at Wells Fargo Arena - Iowa Wolves
- Stars to Host Three Games at Delta Center in Conjunction with Junior Jazz - Salt Lake City Stars
- Charge Strike Gold - Cleveland Charge
- Vipers Cut Legends' Comeback Short - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.