Iowa Regroups in Texas with Win over Legends
Frisco, Texas - The Iowa Wolves (17-25) defeated the Texas Legends (14-26) for the second time in four days with a 122-101 road victory Saturday night.
The 21-point win was the largest margin of victory for Iowa as a visiting team this season.
As a team the Wolves shot 50.0% from the floor and are now 5-3 this season when reaching or finishing above that threshold.
Brandon Goodwin notched a game-high 28 points along with five rebounds and six assists for Iowa. The 28-point performance marked a season-high with the Wolves for the Denver Nuggets two-way transfer.
Darius Johnson-Odom added 24 points, seven rebounds and six assists in the win. The Marquette alum has now scored at least 20 points in each of his last 13 games.
Combined, the two guards shot 18-of-31 (58.1%) from the field and 11-of-13 (84.6%) from the charity stripe.
Six players finished in double figures for a Wolves team that led by as many as 26 points at one point in tonight's contest.
Two-way guard C.J. Williams contributed 19 points while knocking down four three-pointers for Iowa.
Canyon Barry provided 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting off the bench for the road team.
With the win, Iowa finished its season series against Texas with a 3-1 record.
Daryl Macon provided the offensive firepower for Texas, scoring a team-high 21 points while shooting 7-of-12 from the field.
Iowa will finish its current three-game road trip Monday night against the Salt Lake City Stars at 8:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 23, 2019
- Iowa Regroups in Texas with Win over Legends - Iowa Wolves
- Charge Sweep Week After Buzzer Beating Win - Canton Charge
- Gray, Johnson Lead Fort Wayne as Mad Ants Fall in Final Seconds - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- BayHawks Take Down Go-Go - Erie BayHawks
- Nets Earn Wire-To-Wire Victory over 905 - Raptors 905
- Team Effort Spurs South Bay to a Victory over Austin - Austin Spurs
- Stockton Kings Beat Oklahoma City Blue 110-105 - Stockton Kings
- Clippers Cruise Past Herd - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Team Effort Spurs South Bay to a Victory over Austin - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors
- Wolves Fail to Hold off Stars in Salt Lake City