Indy Eleven Midfielder Tyler Pasher Named to USL Championship Team of the Week for Week 17
INDIANAPOLIS - Indy Eleven midfielder Tyler Pasher has been voted to the USL Championship Team of the Week for Week 17 of the 2019 season. Much like his Week 13 and 15 Team of the Week performances, Pasher continues to produce after scoring in both of Indy Eleven's Week 17 appearances, which saw the team expand its undefeated streak to 10 matches. In addition to extending his scoring tally to a team-best seven on the season, the 25-year-old capped off his Week 17 play by completing 51 of 60 passes to his teammates.
Pasher's Team of the Week appearance is the ninth time this season a member of Indiana's Team has made the weekly cut and the third for the left-sided winger since his Week 13 honor. Kenney Walker (Week 2), Ayoze Garcia (Week 4, 11), Dane Kelly (Week 7; Player of the Week) and Evan Newton (Week 9; Player of the Week) and Neveal Hackshaw (Week 12) have earned spots in Team of the Week lineups so far this season. Pasher has also earned honorable mentions on the TotW "bench" for his performances in Week 7 and 11.
Pasher's speed along the left side of the pitch and accuracy have been a flagship piece of Eleven head coach Martin Rennie's system in 2019, during which he has completed just over 81 percent of his 384 passes and has played in the third most key passes (21) to his teammates. The Canadian's tenacity on the ball has allowed him to weave into scoring positions and finish with an unusual accuracy, having put 14 of his 18 shots on target - and seven of those shots ending up in the back of the net, placing him tied for 4th place on the Eastern Conference's Golden Boot chart.
The Boys in Blue will take a well-deserved break across the Fourth of July holiday weekend and next see action on Saturday, July 13, when they travel east to meet Hartford Athletic for a 5:00 p.m. kickoff at Dillon Stadium. Indy Eleven will return home the following weekend to close out its season series against another expansion side, Loudoun United FC, at Lucas Oil Stadium at 7:00 p.m. Tickets for the "Night of Champions" match celebrating Indiana Soccer club and IHSAA teams remain available for as little as $15 and can be purchased at indyeleven.com/tickets or by calling 317-685-1100.
USL Championship Team of the Week
GK - Tomas Romero, Bethlehem Steel FC: Romero became the fourth-youngest player to record a shutout in Championship history with eight saves against Hartford Athletic on Friday night.
D - Carl Haworth, Ottawa Fury FC: Haworth had two goals and one assist as Fury FC took a 3-2 victory against the Charleston Battery to remain strongly in the Eastern Conference postseason chase.
D - Amadou Dia, Phoenix Rising FC: Dia scored a pair of goals - including a stoppage-time game-winner - as Rising FC rallied for a 4-2 victory against the Portland Timbers 2 on Saturday night.
D - Josue Soto, Austin Bold FC: Soto recorded a pair of assists, completed 25 of 29 passes and made two recoveries and three clearances in Bold FC's victory against the Switchbacks on Saturday night.
M - Ben Speas, North Carolina FC: Speas scored the only goal, completed 36 of 45 passes and made five recoveries as NCFC took victory against Nashville SC on Saturday night.
M - Robbie Mertz, Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC: Mertz scored a pair of goals to lead the Hounds to a 4-1 victory against Birmingham Legion FC that extended the club's winning streak to three games.
M - Tyler Pasher, Indy Eleven: Pasher scored in both of Indy's contests in the past week, including the opener in a 3-0 win against Birmingham Legion FC, and completed 51 of 60 passes overall across both games.
M - Seth Casiple, Reno 1868 FC: Casiple had a goal and assist as Reno took victories on the road in Portland and at home against Sacramento while also recording eight key passes and 19 recoveries across the two games.
F - Christian Sorto, Loudoun United FC: Sorto scored a pair of goals on his professional debut, completed 8 of 10 passes and won 5 of 6 duels after coming on as a substitute in Loudoun's 2-1 victory on Friday night against ATL UTD 2.
F - Solomon Asante, Phoenix Rising FC: Asante had two goals and one assist in Rising FC's 4-2 victory against the Portland Timbers 2 while also recording four key passes and completing 35 of 42 passes overall.
F - Frank Lopez, LA Galaxy II: Lopez scored both goals, including the game-winner with four minutes to go, and completed 3 of 4 dribbles as Los Dos defeated its Southern California rival Orange County SC 2-1 on Saturday night.
Bench: J.T. Marcinkowski (RNO), Kevin Kerr (PIT), Qudus Lawal (FRS), Andre Lima (AUS), Douglas Martinez (SLC), Deshorn Brown (OKC), Enzo Martinez (CLT)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 2, 2019
- Republic FC Hosting Doubleheader on July 3rd with California Storm Women's Soccer Team - Sacramento Republic FC
- North Carolina FC Faces Southern Derby Rival Charlotte on Fourth of July - North Carolina FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Bethlehem Steel FC - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- San Antonio FC Hosts Austin Bold FC at Toyota Field - San Antonio FC
- Single-Game Tickets Are Now on Sale for Loudoun United Home Games at the New Stadium - Loudoun United FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Duo of Ricardo Avila & Douglas Martinez Called to U-23 International Duty - Real Monarchs SLC
- Steel FC's Romero Earns USL Championship Team of the Week Honors - Philadelphia Union II
- Orange County Looks to Add to Rocky Season for Switchbacks - Orange County SC
- Indy Eleven Midfielder Tyler Pasher Named to USL Championship Team of the Week for Week 17 - Indy Eleven
- Phoenix Rising Duo Solomon Asante and Amadou Dia Named to USL Team of the Week - Phoenix Rising FC
- Fury FC Captain Voted to USL Championship Team of the Week - Ottawa Fury FC
- North Carolina FC Midfielder Ben Speas Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - North Carolina FC
- Loudoun's Sorto Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- Casiple and Marcinkowski Named to USL Team of the Week - Reno 1868 FC
- Match Preview: Toros Hit the Road Hungry for Three Points - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Christmas in July: Lights FC Celebrate Season Ticket Members All Month Long - Las Vegas Lights FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- Indy Eleven Announces Contribution to the Bail Project
- Indy Eleven Suffers Rare Home Defeat via 0-1 Loss to Sporting Kansas City II
- Indy Eleven Returns Home with Dominant 4-1 Win Over Hartford Athletic
- Match Preview: Indy Eleven vs. Hartford Athletic
- Indy Eleven's Perfect Start Ends After 1-0 Loss at Saint Louis FC