Orange County Looks to Add to Rocky Season for Switchbacks
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo - Orange County's halfway mark of the 2019 season featured a late loss, but the club now heads to Colorado to face the Colorado Springs Switchbacks.
Orange County currently sits on 19 points, while the Switchbacks sit a few places back on 14 points. Both have played 17 matches in 2019, and both are still well within distance of the playoff places. Last weekend, the Switchbacks were on the wrong side of a 5-0 blowout in Austin.
Orange County's performance against Los Dos was a great improvement on the previous weeks' performances. While the match ended in a loss following two mistakes, the coaching staff stressed that it was a clear step in the right direction. OCSC ran out as 2-0 victors in April, and a similar result is the goal for the reverse fixture.
Despite a red hot start to the season, the Switchbacks have struggled. Monday saw the club relieve Steve Trittschuh of his managerial duties after four and a half seasons. Still, Colorado Springs has the advantage of playing at altitude and many of the players will likely be looking to impress new management as they head into the second half of the season.
Former OCSC goalkeeper Andre Rawls is the current netminder for the Coloradan side. He has appeared in nine matches for the side thus far.
New signings Michael Orozco and Edson Alvarado both played the full ninety last week against Los Dos. Their additions provide some additional depth and quality in an important part of the season. Midfielder Christian Duke has returned to training after a long break, though he is unlikely to feature in Colorado. The match provides a great opportunity to build on progress and earn the team's first road win to start off the second half of the season.
The match kicks off at 6:00pm at Weidner Field in Colorado Springs. The game will also be broadcast live on ESPN+ in the United States.
OCSC averages a goal scored every 61 minutes.
The Switchbacks have conceded an average of 1.8 goals per game in 2019.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 2, 2019
- Republic FC Hosting Doubleheader on July 3rd with California Storm Women's Soccer Team - Sacramento Republic FC
- North Carolina FC Faces Southern Derby Rival Charlotte on Fourth of July - North Carolina FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Bethlehem Steel FC - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- San Antonio FC Hosts Austin Bold FC at Toyota Field - San Antonio FC
- Single-Game Tickets Are Now on Sale for Loudoun United Home Games at the New Stadium - Loudoun United FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Duo of Ricardo Avila & Douglas Martinez Called to U-23 International Duty - Real Monarchs SLC
- Steel FC's Romero Earns USL Championship Team of the Week Honors - Philadelphia Union II
- Orange County Looks to Add to Rocky Season for Switchbacks - Orange County SC
- Indy Eleven Midfielder Tyler Pasher Named to USL Championship Team of the Week for Week 17 - Indy Eleven
- Phoenix Rising Duo Solomon Asante and Amadou Dia Named to USL Team of the Week - Phoenix Rising FC
- Fury FC Captain Voted to USL Championship Team of the Week - Ottawa Fury FC
- North Carolina FC Midfielder Ben Speas Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - North Carolina FC
- Loudoun's Sorto Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- Casiple and Marcinkowski Named to USL Team of the Week - Reno 1868 FC
- Match Preview: Toros Hit the Road Hungry for Three Points - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Christmas in July: Lights FC Celebrate Season Ticket Members All Month Long - Las Vegas Lights FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County SC Stories
- Orange County Win Big Against Las Vegas
- OC Back at Home against Vegas
- Orange County Soccer Club Foundation, Embassy of the State of Qatar in the US Donate to Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County
- Orange County SC Head Back to Torero Stadium
- Orange County SC Signs Teenage Duo, Alexis Cerritos & Raymond Drai