Indy Adds Chris Rygus to Playoff Roster
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs, announced Sunday that they have added defenseman Chris Rygus on an emergency basis to their 2018 Kelly Cup Playoff roster. The Fuel continue their Central Division Semifinal series with the Toledo Walleye Sunday afternoon during Game 2 at the Huntington Center.
Rygus, 24, signs his first professional contract after completing his collegiate career at St. Norbert College (NCAA Div. III). The 6-foot-3, 209-pound defenseman tallied a career high 11 points (2g, 9a) in 2017-18, helping the Green Knights capture the Division III National Championship. Rygus' picked up his second goal of the season in St. Norbert's 5-2 victory over Augsburg College on March 17 to advance to the Frozen Four. In 117 total NCAA games, the native of Mississauga, Ontario collected eight goals, 19 assists, and 120 minutes in penalties.
Prior to his time at school, Rygus spent two seasons in the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL), where he compiled 32 points (7g, 25a) in 110 games split between the Penticton Vees and Nainamo Clippers.
It's time to #FindYourNextGear and cheer on the Indy Fuel during the 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs! The Central Division Semifinals shift to Indiana Farmers Coliseum for Game 3 on Wednesday, April 18, as the Fuel take on the Toledo Walleye. Be part of the first playoff appearance in Fuel history by picking up your tickets at IndyFuelHockey.com or at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum box office. Don't miss a second of the action during the 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs - follow the Fuel on Twitter and Instagram (@IndyFuel) and 'Like' the Fuel on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 15, 2018
- Cyclones Late Comeback Bid Falls Short in Game 2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Hilbrich, Nagle Lift Walleye to 2-0 Series Lead - Indy Fuel
- Eagles Take Game 1 in OT, 2-1 - Wichita Thunder
- Railers Drop Game 3 to Thunder 3-1 in Front of 4,216 at DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Beaudin's Shorthanded Goal in OT Gives Eagles 1-0 Series Lead - Colorado Eagles
- Thunder Take Series Lead with 3-1 Victory in Game 3 - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - April 15 - ECHL
- Indy Adds Chris Rygus to Playoff Roster - Indy Fuel
- Cyclones Game Notes: 2018 Kelly Cup Divisional Semifinals vs. Ft. Wayne- Game 2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game 3 - Adirondack (1-1) At. Worcester (1-1) - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Three Assigned to Thunder in Advance of Game 3 - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans Take 2-0 Series Lead Headed Back to Allen - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Comeback Falls Short in Game 2 Loss - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.